By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sci-fi vs. Sandbox style vs. Action/ Adventure vs. Racing

I'm bored

Sandbox:

GTA or Saints Row or The Getaway           (my choice GTA)

Sci-fi:

Gears of War or Resistance 2            (My choice Resistance 2)

Action/Adventure:

God of War vs. Heavenly Sword       (My choice God of War)

Racing:

Motorstorm vs. Grid                        (My choice Grid)

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Around the Network
chris1_16 said:

I'm bored

Sandbox:

Sci-fi:

Action/Adventure:

Racing:

• Sandbox: Saint's Row 2 -- GTAIV wasn't actually that good and Saint's Row 2 was awesome.  
  • Sci-Fi: Gears of War 2 -- Gears of War was good, Resistance: Fall of Man wasn't bad, Gears of War 2 was great, and I haven't played Resistance 2 yet.
  • Action/Adventure -- Neither?  -- Heavenly Sword wasn't good and I just don't like the God of War series.  Can I pick Zack and Wiki?
  • Racing - Neither again -- I didn't play Grid and I just didn't like Motorstorm, therefore I pick Excite Truck (even over Mario Kart Wii)!

gta 4
resistance 2
god of war
motorstorm

Sandbox:

Sci-fi:

Gears of War or Resistance 2            (Gears of War 2)

Action/Adventure:

Racing:

I played Resistance 2 recently and I found the single player to be extremely mediocre, pretty much only saved by the interesting weapons they had. Honestly I thought the Resistance 1 single player campaign was better.

There was a great game in there, but they managed to throw that all away.

My fault list:

1. Slow start -> Seriously that was the most boring level in RFOM 1, and they copied it and made it the start. Its the base level...

2. Information is a problem:

• Still don't know WTF is going on.
  • "An xxx is sniffing around your location, stay there" Do I just wait here? I honestly sat for 5 minutes because I didn't realise I had to kill it.
  • They tell me I had to run away from something because I couldn't kill it, then they expect me to do just that without a word from an AI of guidence?!?!? I honestly wish they would have given me a tip or two. In the first game you had to shoot the spider tanks from the rear, but now you can hit them anywhere... Thanks for the info guys... NOT.

3. Iffy gameplay in parts -> The bots and crawlers are simply boring and annoying and the gameplay was unforgiving at times. Yes the boss just opened fire and I was looking the other way, yipee. Or I just walked around the corner and ran into a guy with a shield and died instantly.

4. The flow of the game is off, hard to keep track with whats going on.

5. Spoilier: The game doesn't give any hope for humanity, it ends and the whole world is fucked up but the war is still going? WTF?

Tease.

GTA 4
Resistance 2
God of War
Motorstorm

Around the Network
chris1_16 said:

I'm bored

Sandbox:

Sci-fi:

Action/Adventure:

Racing:

Sandbox: Grand Theft Auto. The most polished, the highest quality.

Sci Fi: Gears of War. It was overall a better game, with superior graphics to Resistance, better offline co-op, and more polish. However, R2 improved on its predecessor a lot more than Gears 2.

Hack and Slash (to describe it better): God of War. The combat was so much better, the art style and graphics so superior, the overall game so brilliant, that I couldn't bear to look at Heavenly Sword. It was unworthy.

Racing: God, I dislike both of them, and the genre in general. Personally, I would choose Burnout over both, but of those two, MotorStorm. I thought GRID was generic and terrible.

Let's have some more! (I'm bored too)

First Person Shooter: Halo vs. Call of Duty. Call of Duty. The graphics are superior, the shooting feels cleaner, even the sounds are better.

Football: FIFA vs. Pro Evolution. Pro Evolution. Even with the last few FIFA games, supposedly superior in every way, I got the feeling they were trying way too hard. It was attempting to be "realistic" and "hardcore" and falling flat on its face. FIFA may look better, but PES plays better. Much better.

Stealth: Splinter Cell vs. Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear Solid by a long way. I really like both, but Splinter Cell is a great series, MGS is a masterpiece.

Team ICO: Shadow of the Colossus vs. Ico. Shadow of The Colossus. I don't think I need to explain why.

Exploration: Uncharted vs. Tomb Raider. Uncharted. Great game, great shooting, great platforming. Everything about it was great.

Medieval RTS: Empire Earth vs. Age of Empires. Age of Empires. That second game remains one of my favourite PC games of all time, never really got into Empire Earth.

Sony Platformer/Action Adventures: Jak vs. Ratchet and Clank. Ratchet and Clank. Up Your Arsenal was brilliant in every way. Jak was very good too, but nowhere near the quality.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sandbox: The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Sci Fi: Mass Effect
Action Adventure: Legend of Zelda
Racing: Mario Kart Wii

agrees with xponents games!!! except I've never played the god father, but GTA let me down, I was expecting something, say, twice as good... given the hype and that i've never actually played a GTA game before. I had higher hopes :(

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

its soccer not football you stupid brit :pp

it's football in 75% of the world

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!