By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What data about the console market would you like to have?

The questions I'd like to see answered with good data are:

- How much of the PS2/Xbox/GC userbase has upgraded to each current-gen console? (preferably separate data for each of the nine cases)

- What is the distribution of sales among the different PS3/360 SKUs?

Post the things which you're curious about, maybe someone else knows the answer.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

A break down of where someones $49.99 / $59.99 purchase of a retail game goes and how much retail, publisher, developer, production costs go to.

A better idea of how much games cost to develope would be useful too.

How many people buy on brandname only

Game sales per European country

To see who likes what genre most...

Chart data for past generation games involving week by week sales during its whole life span. The two previous smash bros. ends at 2 million in the chart data....

Around the Network
Xen said:
Game sales per European country

To see who likes what genre most...

QFT

* budgets for games.

* how much developer/publisher makes from each copy sold.

* how much MS/Sony gets for every third party game sold.

I'd like to see actual sales numbers for 'others' territories - Eastern Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa.

Famitsu posted a chart with X360 shipment numbers for South Korea and Taiwan once - and that was about the only thing I've seen.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

* what is the actual whole-sale price of X360/PS3 and how much does Sony/MS actually get from each console.

NJ5, are the vgchartz journos sniffing for story ideas? anyway

Wii game sales verses PS2 game sales broken down into genres and publishers.
i did this already, excluding the genre and publisher breakdown, and found 80% of all PS2 and Wii games haven't broken 200k. Wii of course has some time to change this percentage.

Same info as above but compared with PS360 instead of PS2. Specifically why exactly should PS360 get preferential treatment for the "biggest" games when only a few seem to break 500k, and its usually on the 360.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.