By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - “We absolutely would not want to trade places with Sony,” says Greenberg

In response to Sony’s earlier claim that Microsoft and Nintendo continue are just “peddling add-ons,” 360 product manager Aaron Greenberg has told Kotaku at CES 09 that MS would “absolutely not want to trade places” with its rival.

“First, I would say we absolutely would not want to trade places with Sony,” said Greenberg. “We feel like being half the price of the PS3 served us quite well this holiday.”

“The fact that we’re doing this at half the price of their platform, we feel confident that we’re delivering great value,” he added.

“I believe that we deliver more value for games and entertainment than any other platform on the market.”

As for the price comparison table Sony offered in the release, Greenberg offered: “I don’t think people take comparison grids into retail stores.”

“I would rather talk about why you should buy our console than why you shouldn’t buy the competitor’s system.”

By Mike Bowden

Got it on VG247.

Looks like the war of words is heating up.

Around the Network

“I would rather talk about why you should buy our console than why you shouldn’t buy the competitor’s system.”

Nice, he is right though, that was a desperate thing for Sony to do.

Sigh, did sony really say that?

Moronic people.

I don't know how they do it, but haven't they figured out that being honest and respectful gets them way further? :-/

Sony is giving a natural defensive response when they are cornered and nowhere to run.

ph4nt said:
Sony is giving a natural defensive response when they are cornered and nowhere to run.

Please, they could have just stayed tight lipped?

Around the Network

@papfleje

funny how SONY get bashed

but when MS pull a cheap move by saying "PS3 will have a price drop in sprin n we'll be ready for it"

hence misleading ppl into thinking PS3 is gonna drop price so they shouldn't buy it.

MS gets praised for their PR Tactics....but when SONY puts forward that price grid WHICH ISN'T EVEN A LIE funnily enough they get bashed.

Well nice to see they are not bashing sony too bad. They are just patting them selves on the back more than anything.

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

kitty said:
@papfleje

funny how SONY get bashed

but when MS pull a cheap move by saying "PS3 will have a price drop in sprin n we'll be ready for it"

hence misleading ppl into thinking PS3 is gonna drop price so they shouldn't buy it.

MS gets praised for their PR Tactics....but when SONY puts forward that price grid WHICH ISN'T EVEN A LIE funnily enough they get bashed.

The Sony price comparison thing was childish and petty attack at the PS3.

The microsoft statement was a brilliant strategic move.  It may as you said make people hesitant on buying a PS3 because they expect the price to go down.  It also makes Sony think is it worth a price cut.  We are almost gonna be making money on PS3 or breaking even and a price cut would go in the opposite direction.  And will it help if Microsoft is just gonna answer right back with a cheaper price.   With all the bad news floating around about Sony lately it makes these decisions even harder for them.

@irstupid

childish & petty?

actually it was informative & TOLD people what was IN the PS3 that wasn;t IN the 360....and how it related to PS3 & its high price

puh-lease...

mwjw696 said:
Well nice to see they are not bashing sony too bad. They are just patting them selves on the back more than anything.

i cant wait to see the day where greenberg breaks his own back from patting too hard..... god i cant stand that man....