By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite system ever...and why?

Johann said:

SNES is the best and Ps2 is a close runner up. The Ps1 gets an honorable mention.
Btw, I've noticed people that are saying courrent gen consoles... are you guys new to gaming? Courrent gen fails against past gens pretty hard. Specially because it's not over yet...

I agree with that.

In fact I get less fun each time a generation comes out.

I know... my english sucks

Around the Network
feico865 said:
Johann said:

SNES is the best and Ps2 is a close runner up. The Ps1 gets an honorable mention.
Btw, I've noticed people that are saying courrent gen consoles... are you guys new to gaming? Courrent gen fails against past gens pretty hard. Specially because it's not over yet...

I agree with that.

In fact I get less fun each time a generation comes out.

There's some truth to what you say.  I love my PS3 and also loved my PS2, but for Nintendo...For me, no lie, I have owned every single Nintendo system and the Wii is EASILY the least fun I've had with a Nintendo system.  For me it's N64>SNES>NES>GC>Wii.  I play more Gamecube games on my Wii than Wii games.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Johann said:

I posted original 80, 20 or 60GB PS3. With either you have access to the PS1/2 and 3 Library. Also said that if B/C doesn't count then I pick the PS2.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Johann said:

I posted original 80, 20 or 60GB PS3. With either you have access to the PS1/2 and 3 Library. Also said that if B/C doesn't count then I pick the PS2.

I didn't mean you. Don't get angry

It's just that is kind of weird seeing some people treat this gen like it's the ULTIMATE gen. It's really not. It's quite a weak gen, really. Sequels on top of sequels and not a lot of JRPG love. That is just sad...

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

PS3 followed by PS2

Great games, great other features and BC!!!! Also helped by my lovely wireless controllers

Around the Network

1. Atari 2600 - From 1980 through 1984, it was pretty much all I did. My best childhood memories largely involve Atari. Even though it is approaching 25 to 30 years for these games, I can still pick up and play like no time has passed and still enjoy.

2. SNES - provided me with my fix for my Robotron obsession. -And of course all the great Mario games that were available. I also got my first taste of Mortal Kombat which I loved at the time.

3. Game Cube - renewed my interest in video games after completely falling away from them during the N64 and PS1 era. I absolutely love the controller and still think it is the best since the joystick and will not be topped.

1. PC
2. PS2
3. PS1
4. X360
5. GB
6. GBA
7. GC
8. PSP

PlayStation 2. Amazing library and there are a lot of PS2 games I still haven't played. Followed by SNES and PS1.

My top has got to be Playstation. It was an amazing console. I spent many hours playing Crash Bandicoot games on it as well as NHL 1997-2001.

Second place goes to PS2. I have 2 words - Gran Turismo.

Johann said:
Dgc1808 said:
Johann said:

I didn't mean you. Don't get angry

It's just that is kind of weird seeing some people treat this gen like it's the ULTIMATE gen. It's really not. It's quite a weak gen, really. Sequels on top of sequels and not a lot of JRPG love. That is just sad...

I agree wholeheartedly. I've never owned more than one console for any generation until now. I simply don't think there is any one console that could meet all of my my gaming wants.