By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite system ever...and why?

The Wii, if only for the fact that its current library (which I do not have time to play in its fullness) is compounded further by the Virtual Console.

Around the Network

Tough choice, deciding between the SNES and the PS2. The PS1 ranks in there close to those as well.

The PS2 by far, But when Versus XIII comes out, things will change jus like dat.

Super Nintendo for me.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
The PS2 by far, But when Versus XIII comes out, things will change jus like dat.

Why are you still rating games that haven't come out yet?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Why are you still rating games that haven't come out yet?

Because i have a time watch. and i've played Versus XIII in __/_/____ in 2009 and it was made of so much awesome glaze!!11!

Deneidez said:
PC, games on other systems do not really require much thinking and are mainly brainless shooters or arcade games. I do also like how you can play older games with newer rigs and they will look much better than last time you played them. :)

Not to mention biggest & meanest game library including games from arcade machines and older gaming machines.

If we can count emulation than PC wins easily.

Lets see...my PC will play NES, SNES, N64, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, 32x, Sega CD, Playstation 1 and 2, Dreamcast, Gameboy, GBA, DS, VCS, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, Intellivision, Colicovision, Neo-Geo, pretty much any arcade machine you could name, etc, etc.

Thanks to usb adaptors you can hook up and use the original controllers.

Some of the emulators support higher resolution graphics (I know the NES emulator Nestopia even has a NTSC filter to make your PC monitor look like you're playing on an old television - you have to check that out) A/V recording, and some will even allow you to play online which the original consoles never supported.

Oh! I forgot about all the excellent PC only games to come out over the past few decades. I'll argue that when I have more time

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.

60 GB PS3. PS1/PS2/PS3 games all on one system? Hell yes. I'm currently trying to round out my collection of PS1/PS2 classics through Goozex but there are too many good games and not enough time.

Entire MG/MGS series? Hell yes (MG1/2 on MGS3 Subsistence extras DVD)
Almost complete RE series (missing RE0 and remakes)
Castlevania Chronicles/Symphony of the Night
I believe the entire FF main series is available on PS1/PS2, as well as Chrono Trigger
Deus Ex (not a bad port actually)
Half-life 1 (not a bad port) and Orange Box (bad port, but not as bad as some make it out to be)
ICO/Shadow of the Colossus
Odin Sphere/Grim Grimoire (more beautiful sprite based games please)

And the list goes on and on. Not to mention compilation PS2 games like the Capcom and Sega collections.

the N64 just had some great memories with it, mario 64, mario kart, zelda OOT, smash bros, banjo kazooie, perfect dark and my favoriet game zelda MM, all were so perfect

SNES. Simply god-like console.

Pixel Art can be fun.