By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean 4 IGN Interview [Battle System, Romance, PS3 and more]

^- Agreed again The overall Quality > Main Story. anyday O' the week. :P

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
JaggedSac said:
Cool thanks. I have been yearning to try something besides the usual turn based JRPGs that I go for. I have played EA, LO, and BD for the 360 and am looking for something a little different. Maybe I should give ToV a try now and then SO4 when it comes out.

>_>

You've been wanting something not turn based, you like JRPGs, and yet you haven't got Vesperia yet?

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MAN?! 

I have to be in the mood for JRPGs and there are several other games that I really want from Gamefly first.  L4D, Fallout 3, B N&B, etc.  Definitely feeling like some JRPG action as of late though.

40 hours isn't bad it's just a step back from SO3. The MS Defense Force need not be on alert. That's actually longer than SO1 and probably on par with SO2.

Now if they pack it with post-game dungeons (which is a given) then all will be forgiven. I just don't like that SO4 is supposed to be on a larger scale with more planets but half the length of the previous game.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
40 hours isn't bad it's just a step back from SO3. The MS Defense Force need not be on alert. That's actually longer than SO1 and probably on par with SO2.

Now if they pack it with post-game dungeons (which is a given) then all will be forgiven. I just don't like that SO4 is supposed to be on a larger scale with more planets but half the length of the previous game.

It's more like 2/3's of the length.  To me anyway.  Atleast we won't have the backtracking that plaqued SO3.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Riachu said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Riachu said:
kitty said:
fer gods sake stop whining ppl.

"oh only 40 hours oh noes"

"oh the character look like dolls"

" oh this oh that"

arghhhhh......be happy!

40 hours is just the main story

Which is not cool in my opinion, 60 dollars = 40 hours of JRPG gameplay? ... no wai!

Most games these days don't even go past the 15 hour mark.

Wtf!? i heared Vesperia was 65 hours?!

Not true at all! Most RPGs can be beaten very easily in 30-40 hours with speedruns of games get big RPGs under 15 hours. Tales of Vesperia (with doing a decent amount of side quests) shouldn't take you any longer than 40-45 hours.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Every time I try to play SO3 the game just keeps saying Loading Data from Disk.

Whats this mean? Its not loading at all.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:

Every time I try to play SO3 the game just keeps saying Loading Data from Disk.

Whats this mean? Its not loading at all.

What? lol.

but isnt 40 hours like great? i know that SO3 is longer but SO3 took me like 10 years to beat it, it was really long. well i really never care that much how many hours have beacuse i always end up beating it in like 160 hours. i like to explore a lot but i do like long long RPGs thats what i loved of S03.

I thought for sure they'd announce a PS3 version by now.

Go figer.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Psygnosis NL said:
Kantor said:
krimoz911 said:
don't worry, the ps3 fanboys will bombard the forums with "SO4 on ps3" romurs regardless.

MGS4 anyone?

Kojima just went straight out and said "MGS4 is not coming to the 360"

This guy is saying "There are no plans for a PS3 version"

They're different. I say if this sells less than 2.5 million WW, there will be a PS3 version.

You're just wrong, Konami said the following: "Konami has no plans to bring Metal Gear Solid 4 to the Xbox 360 at this time," a Konami representative told CVG. (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=152210&skip=yes)

This is exactly the same as saying we have currently no plans to bring a game to that platform. Although I agree with you that I think SO4 will eventually appear on PS3, I do not agree that you can conclude this by comparing this statement to the statement of Konami at that time.

I do believe MGS4:Subsistence will come to the 360 just like I think an enhanced ToV and SO4 port will come to the PS3.

Only makes sense really.