By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Wii games look so bad?

Hopefully MP3 and galaxy will shut up most of these kind of discussions...truth be told i still have to c anything on wii that blantly couldn't be done on GC..definitly nothing that comes close to 2 to 3 times the power..however the 2 titles i menshioned above are a clear step up from GC and this impression is coming from streaming video not screen shots...this miyamoto quote is the simple truth,it's old but it still stands;

"If there's only one piece of advice that I could give to the managers of third party companies, it would be that a lot of times it seems that when they're putting games out on Nintendo hardware, those games are being developed by their third-string team or their fourth-string team. Maybe that's because they see those products as being unique projects or somewhat smaller-scale projects. But when Nintendo puts out a title that is designed to really support and sell its hardware, that title is always developed by one of our number one teams. And so I think that when it comes to the question of trying to compete with our software, I would really like to see the parties try to do that with their number one teams rather than with the third- or fourth-string teams."

Around the Network

Red Steel looKED like crap half the time and the other half the lighting and stuff amazedd me... lol it's like 2 different developers were used when u look at some of the stuff in the game...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Red steel was unfinished buisness..it was obviously rushed towards the end to meet deadline..i mean come on, first your looking at the hotel reception and saying "ohh thats some pretty nice reflections right there" then you go to open one of the side doors in said area and u find a closet with nothing inside????

Red steel was a launch game personified. Great ideas, Ambitious plans and at least 5 months too early. Red Steel two should really impress.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

ale666 said:
Hopefully MP3 and galaxy will shut up most of these kind of discussions...truth be told i still have to c anything on wii that blantly couldn't be done on GC..definitly nothing that comes close to 2 to 3 times the power..however the 2 titles i menshioned above are a clear step up from GC and this impression is coming from streaming video not screen shots...this miyamoto quote is the simple truth,it's old but it still stands;

"If there's only one piece of advice that I could give to the managers of third party companies, it would be that a lot of times it seems that when they're putting games out on Nintendo hardware, those games are being developed by their third-string team or their fourth-string team. Maybe that's because they see those products as being unique projects or somewhat smaller-scale projects. But when Nintendo puts out a title that is designed to really support and sell its hardware, that title is always developed by one of our number one teams. And so I think that when it comes to the question of trying to compete with our software, I would really like to see the parties try to do that with their number one teams rather than with the third- or fourth-string teams."

I always find that quote odd....  Nintendo only has First string teams...  the only crappy stuff that comes out of Nintendo is the stuff made by someone else that Nintendo has distributed as their own.  

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

just published from them u mean? yeah i can agree with that although usually they don't publish pure crap if its not working..what miyamoto says is basically if you want to sell more than us you better make the effort...it's as simple as that really..

Reason Wii graphics look like crap at the moment is simple 3rd partys making rushed games to get a piece of the pie that is the profits that come with Wii games by middle of next year the Wii games will look decent and definately look like they cant be done on the GC.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

mitsuhide said:
Reason Wii graphics look like crap at the moment is simple 3rd partys making rushed games to get a piece of the pie that is the profits that come with Wii games by middle of next year the Wii games will look decent and definately look like they cant be done on the GC.

Donno if they are willing to do the effort though...i mean look at stuff from EA..both tiger 08 and madden 08 run on the exact same engine..just a bit of  dusting and move on jobs.. the exclusives are the ones with the potential..thats why nintendo first and second party will always look way better..the next best thing at the moment is most probably capcom..

Well 1st party games always look the best and i mean exclusive Wii games will look alot better.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

stof said:
Red steel was a launch game personified. Great ideas, Ambitious plans and at least 5 months too early. Red Steel two should really impress.

I agree , if Metroid fails to capture the hardcore FPS gamers on the Wii , and if Ubisoft finally puts some effort in there games , than Red Steel schould be the perfect Wii FPS :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!