By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gamecube to become all time best selling console in 2009!

Richardhutnik is right, we should really be adding Wii sales to the GameCube sales. Possible 250mil LTD???

Around the Network
smac said:
Richardhutnik is right, we should really be adding Wii sales to the GameCube sales. Possible 250mil LTD???

Doesn't the Ps3 play Ps2 games as well though?

Who will win?

Ps3 + Ps2

Or

Wii + GC

That's actually pretty interesting... I think Ps3 + Ps2 will have slightly higher sales (50 + 140 for Ps3 + Ps3 would mean Wii needs 170M, which is in the very top of my range)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
smac said:

Who will win?

Ps3 + Ps2

Or

Wii + GC

That's actually pretty interesting... I think Ps3 + Ps2 will have higher sales.

Ah, but the Wii is two Gamecubes, you see. So the Gamecube could fiish with as many as 340 million units shipped! That's as much as the entire Playstation family!

lame dude. thats all I can say is lame.

But not all PS3s play PS2 games, the GameCube will quickly win.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
smac said:

Who will win?

Ps3 + Ps2

Or

Wii + GC

That's actually pretty interesting... I think Ps3 + Ps2 will have higher sales.

Ah, but the Wii is two Gamecubes, you see. So the Gamecube could fiish with as many as 340 million units shipped! That's as much as the entire Playstation family!

Dang! Is there any way the Ps3 can play Ps1 games? I thought it could, but didn't find it. Even through hacks would be accepted :P

Then it would be

102 + 140 + 50 = 292M

Vs

21 + 135M = 291M

So as long as Wii doesn't sell 135M it will be fine.

One could argue though, the Wii isn't two Gamecubes ductaped toghether, it's one point seventyfive (1.75) Gamecubes duct taped together.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Isn't it that PS3 plays PS1 games, but only one model can play PS2 games?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Khuutra said:

Dang! Is there any way the Ps3 can play Ps1 games? I thought it could, but didn't find it. Even through hacks would be accepted :P (1)

Then it would be

102 + 140 + 50 = 292M

Vs

21 + 135M = 291M

So as long as Wii doesn't sell 135M it will be fine.(2)

One could argue though, the Wii isn't two Gamecubes ductaped toghether, it's one point seventyfive (1.75) Gamecubes duct taped together.(3)

Concerning point one: The PS3 is fully and completely backwards compatible with all PS1 games to the best of my knowledge. This is true for every single PS3 ever produced.

Concerning point two: I think you are severaly underestimating the appeal of Double Gamecube Technology for the cascore.

Concerning point three: Gasp! Fiend!

Yes Son1x is right ALL PS3s paly PS1 games.

It's no wonder it's much better than that other one.

Heavens to Murgatoids.