By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gamecube to become all time best selling console in 2009!

Khuutra said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Khuutra said:

Ah, but the Wii is two Gamecubes, you see. So the Gamecube could fiish with as many as 340 million units shipped! That's as much as the entire Playstation family!

Dang! Is there any way the Ps3 can play Ps1 games? I thought it could, but didn't find it. Even through hacks would be accepted :P (1)

Then it would be

102 + 140 + 50 = 292M

Vs

21 + 135M = 291M

So as long as Wii doesn't sell 135M it will be fine.(2)

One could argue though, the Wii isn't two Gamecubes ductaped toghether, it's one point seventyfive (1.75) Gamecubes duct taped together.(3)

Concerning point one: The PS3 is fully and completely backwards compatible with all PS1 games to the best of my knowledge. This is true for every single PS3 ever produced.

Concerning point two: I think you are severaly underestimating the appeal of Double Gamecube Technology for the cascore.

Concerning point three: Gasp! Fiend!

Concerning the answer to point one: Really? Even with the non-Ps2 compatible machines?

Concerning the answer point two: I believe it will beat 135M, but there's always a chance... Wait! I have the answer. The PsP is half a Ps2 duct taped. That adds 22.5M (and eventually will mean 40M), and means Wii needs 175M

Concerning the half-assed answer to point three: Two gasps duct taped together!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

You have bested me this day.

But we shall see how it goes when Wii1.5HD comes out, three Gamecubes taped together.

My my, you're the clever one.

/lock

I still think there were more lunchboxes sold than ps1, ps2 and ps3 together.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

twesterm said:
My my, you're the clever one.

/lock

Aw dangit

I thought it was pretty funny

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

But we shall see how it goes when Wii1.5HD comes out, three Gamecubes taped together.

By the time Wii 1.5HD comes out, duct tape will be out-dated. No-one will use it anymore, and the consoles will fall apart. Thus, they buy 1 machine, and return three to the store (warranty)

The Wii 1.5HD will thus sell negative amounts, giving the Playstation family another chance!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Nicely done, sir.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Khuutra said:

By the time Wii 1.5HD comes out, duct tape will be out-dated. No-one will use it anymore, and the consoles will fall apart. Thus, they buy 1 machine, and return three to the store (warranty)

The Wii 1.5HD will thus sell negative amounts, giving the Playstation family another chance!

My head exploded

Thanks

Ha ha

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

isn't the ps3 5 ps2 ducktape together?
so it's 140 + 97.3 = 237.3 +- 0.5 millions of ps2 so ps2 is still winning but for how long?!?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.