By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts secret weapon!

Skeeuk said:

well giving free live is a good idea, i dont use my 360 online becuse of the live gold issue.

it would be a good counter, but what people want is games.

There is no reason to give the access of XBL for free. People are paying for it and happy with it.

It generates tons of cash that are re-invested in other services.

The price of XBL access is not a disadvantage for Microsoft.... that is a reality that PS3 fanboys have difficulties to understand apparently ... (it is always coming back on the table...).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Spankey said:
nightsurge said:
Spankey said:
misterd said:
I love how one Sony fan pisses on MS for charging for Live, while the next boasts how Sony has made one million dollars selling shit on Home.

one difference: you don't have to pay to play online on Home.

True.  That is why Sony is hurting so badly and is trying to release Home to make up for some of the costs of running their PSN.

One difference:  With XBL you pay up front and know ahead of time it is a great service/deal.  On HOME, the charges sneak up on you as you try to make yourself different from others, and the ads gradually consume every wall and billboard... oh and you never know when the next update is going to remove you of your items...

1 so MS doesn't charge for anything other than subscription fees in Live? All free D/L content and games to make you different from people who don't buy them? awesome.

@ second bolded: paid for items won't vanish afaik

There is a difference between DLC and Home content.  DLC is used as game add-ons and is available on both consoles already.  When you buy DLC, you aren't trying to make yourself different, you buy it because you want to keep playing the game.  On Home, everyone has the same basic clothes, so if you want to look different at all, or spruce up your apartment, the charges will come at you at $.50 - $2.00 or so, so you think it is cheap, but once you are done you've spent $20 customizing your virtual avatar that is only used in home.

And yes, I was referring to the reward items you can get.. although I am pretty sure I've heard stories of paid items vanishing as well.

there plan would be simple buy sony.there problem solved

microsoft secret eapon = mgs4 for 360.

nightsurge said:
Spankey said:
nightsurge said:
Spankey said:
misterd said:
I love how one Sony fan pisses on MS for charging for Live, while the next boasts how Sony has made one million dollars selling shit on Home.

one difference: you don't have to pay to play online on Home.

True.  That is why Sony is hurting so badly and is trying to release Home to make up for some of the costs of running their PSN.

One difference:  With XBL you pay up front and know ahead of time it is a great service/deal.  On HOME, the charges sneak up on you as you try to make yourself different from others, and the ads gradually consume every wall and billboard... oh and you never know when the next update is going to remove you of your items...

1 so MS doesn't charge for anything other than subscription fees in Live? All free D/L content and games to make you different from people who don't buy them? awesome.

@ second bolded: paid for items won't vanish afaik

There is a difference between DLC and Home content.  DLC is used as game add-ons and is available on both consoles already.  When you buy DLC, you aren't trying to make yourself different, you buy it because you want to keep playing the game.  On Home, everyone has the same basic clothes, so if you want to look different at all, or spruce up your apartment, the charges will come at you at $.50 - $2.00 or so, so you think it is cheap, but once you are done you've spent $20 customizing your virtual avatar that is only used in home.

And yes, I was referring to the reward items you can get.. although I am pretty sure I've heard stories of paid items vanishing as well.

Hopefully I don't need to remind you about the premium avatar/theme packs available from Live for a price.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

Temporarily free Live is not going to do it. If someone thinks live is too costly as it is, a few free months isn't going to do it, and many people don't even want/use the service even if it's free (see PSN). And Netflix isn't any better, since gamers who watch movies are going to prefer the PS3 and its blu-ray in general. They need more than that.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

kutasek said:
Bundle halo 3 or gears of war 2.

Yeah just let us find the most brutal games and make a great bundle !