By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Do the Math!

Garamond said:
I bought all three console but for some reason it cost me the most when I bought my PS3. Sony better compensate me for this "value" I was supposed to get, I mean, I never ever use the console to play blu-rays! Like, that's $150 or so right there.

And Microsoft, they can just give me a new console because mine is too loud.

Nintendo already gave me a new console because the old one was freezing so they are cool in my book. It's a long book, so nobody read it.

Unless you download PS3 games exclusively from PSN, you do. most disk based PS3 games are on Blu-Ray.

If I'm missing your sarcasm, sorry. I've been known to do that before.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

I am surprised that the OP didn't post the rest of the article.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

As long as you're free to pick the facts that suit you, you can make similar list for each console and have the one you choose to be the winner.
Although, you see the similar advertising in car ads all the time.

@Squiliam: You were really bad at playing the spin game.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
As long as you're free to pick the facts that suit you, you can make similar list for each console and have the one you choose to be the winner.
Although, you see the similar advertising in car ads all the time.

@Squiliam: You were really bad at playing the spin game.

At least its not my day job! =)

(Unlike the person who wrote this up...)

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Whats so wrong with this? How about the fact that it's pretty lame to badmouth your competitors even if they are performing better than you. They are acting like they are in last place...

Why did they compare the Xbox 360 Arcade?

Becouse whenever you see x360 fanboys they are always screaming my 199$ platform plays games better than your 399$ system .

For reference look at 11ht11 post.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I wonder how good ( or bad ) will be the next NPD for Sony ...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

No need to worry, next year will always be the same.

Wii will be Wii. (YAHOO!)

360 will be cheap to buy as ever and RROD will still be there

PS3 will always have blu ray disk and the argument of "no games" even if they're false.

love to love them all

I do like the "HDMI: Not available on earlier models" as though that should concern people thinking about buying either console.

Plus it's all well and good to big up your HDMI capabilities, but it's a bit wrong when you neglect to include the price of actually getting HD capabilities out of the machine.

Squilliam said:
Two can play the Spin game.

Sony: Xbox 360 is $50-100 more expensive.

Squilliam: Xbox 360 outsells the PS3 by 50% inspite of being more expensive.

Really should have pulled this lulz out earlier.

LOL.

Squilliam said:
Ender said:
Squilliam said:
Whats so wrong with this? How about the fact that it's pretty lame to badmouth your competitors even if they are performing better than you. They are acting like they are in last place...

Why did they compare the Xbox 360 Arcade?

Why did they not use the Premium if they wanted to talk about online play?

It shows that they themselves have to paint their competition in the worst possible light, they have an inferiority complex.

What does the market say?

1. Online isn't important for more than 33% of consumers.
2. Blu Ray isn't important for more than 16% of consumers.

They've always played dirty, they're playing desperate now and it shows.

There's nothing lame or dirty about pointing out the weaknesses of your competitors.  Calm down.

*Random Sony Mistakes leading up to January 2007*

That's right, January 2007. What are you trying to prove? There's quite a difference between pointing out value and making (finding in this case) a list of everything a company has done wrong? Did they mention RROD? No they didn't. Did they say it "has no games"? No, they didn't. All they did was state facts, not to put Microsoft down, but to build themselves up.

And why does nobody notice the Nintendo Wii on the right, which is apparently pwning them both in perceived value? And why would Sony even put that on there?

I think this is stupid too, but for different reasons than you.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective