By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think its clever, parents reading this might think the ps3 offers the best value, which it kinda does....kinda.....sort of.....maybe

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

This is kinda reaching to be honest. On the other hand, I don't disagree with Sony, the Arcade is barebones trash. Funny how they "conveniently" forget the extra cost of the HDMI cable though.

I do not see why the big fuss about this, other companies do things like this all the time.

I did not see the same bunch here throwing a fit and complaining when MS made their "First to 10M wins" comments and using "Metacritic" and "Attach rates" and "Software sales" to take the focus off the fact they were being outsold each and every week Worldwide earlier in 2008. Back then we heard "Yeah that's true". Now we hear "Yeah that's bullshit".

Like how we never use userbase size to downplay 360 software sucess in the US yet WKC sells great in Japan and we get "Well it has 3x the userbase so 200k sales isn't even on the same scale of success as Blue Dragon". "Huh?"

Point is, if you want to get on them for something like this, by all means go ahead, that is perfectly fine, but just remember to do it in all cases, don't just pick and choose because that ends up making many look like hypocrites later on down the road.

I really began thinking about this last night when reading a thread about Sony. We have many here who claim they hate Sony because of their arrogance, yet last night I read about someone saying the reason they love MS is because they are arrogant. Once again, "huh?"

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Now before anyone gets all bent out of shape, my above post does not pertain to everyone here because we know damn well not everyone thinks this way but there is quite a bit of hypocrisy on this site lately.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

@Euphoria: You have very short memory, i see.
"first to ten million", "attach rate", "(3rd party) software sales" have all caused quite a few topics where people call out the BS in their PR.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
"first to ten million", "attach rate", "(3rd party) software sales" have all caused quite a few topics where people call out the BS in their PR.

1. False (Yes I give you that.)

2. Look at the Sources report, its not exactly inacurate

3. Ditto, its in the same report as well.

Besides that, the first one was stated a LONG time ago, this has just been released... really now?

Tease.

Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
Ender said:
Squilliam said:
Whats so wrong with this? How about the fact that it's pretty lame to badmouth your competitors even if they are performing better than you. They are acting like they are in last place...

Why did they compare the Xbox 360 Arcade?

Why did they not use the Premium if they wanted to talk about online play?

It shows that they themselves have to paint their competition in the worst possible light, they have an inferiority complex.

What does the market say?

1. Online isn't important for more than 33% of consumers.
2. Blu Ray isn't important for more than 16% of consumers.

They've always played dirty, they're playing desperate now and it shows.

There's nothing lame or dirty about pointing out the weaknesses of your competitors.  Calm down.

*Random Sony Mistakes leading up to January 2007*

That's right, January 2007. What are you trying to prove? There's quite a difference between pointing out value and making (finding in this case) a list of everything a company has done wrong? Did they mention RROD? No they didn't. Did they say it "has no games"? No, they didn't. All they did was state facts, not to put Microsoft down, but to build themselves up.

And why does nobody notice the Nintendo Wii on the right, which is apparently pwning them both in perceived value? And why would Sony even put that on there?

I think this is stupid too, but for different reasons than you.

State facts huh? They forgot about backwards compatibility, (Some models without HDMI?) how can that be anything but misleading? They specced a fucking Arcade up to a Premium SKU, why the hell didn't they use the Premium from the start? Well they would have to admit that theres also a headset and HD cables if they did that...

If they wanted to build themselves up there are other ways they can do so without having to mention the competition, actually in my country its illegal to make such a statement.

Tease.

bdbdbd said:

Well reading what I said in my post, did the ones attacking Sony now make those threads? Do these same people attacking WKC Japan sales use the 360's userbase advantage in the US against 360 US software sales?

For example a while back we had a thread about Disgaea 3 surpassing ToV US sales and people were talking about "Well ToV is actually still ahead" because at the time I believe it was still ahead by a few thousand units or so. At that moment they did not say things like "Yeah you are right, it is even worse considering the 360 also has an almost 2:1 userbase advantage". Now according to what I have recently seen in the WKC thread, where was the "ToV in the US hasn't reached Disgaea3 success yet", because we damn well have that BS coming up against WKC when they compare it to Blue Dragons sales.

This is what I am trying to say. It is a double standard.

So just to clarify, no, my memory is not short-term. Possibly it is just that mine is better.

Currently playing:

Ender said:
I think this is telling us the PS3 price cut isn't coming anytime soon.

agree, sony has gone crazy.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

@Squiliam: The point was, that it's the same kind of cherrypicking as what the topic is about. Or can you claim anything being false (although the Wiis "limited" online is a little fishy term)?

@Euphoria: What? The same people were calling the BS in those threads as it is in this one. Me for example. Of course, this time the PS3 and 360 fans have changed sides in terms of who's being offensive and who's defensive.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.