By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What happens if games like Boogie and Dewy's Adventure keep bombing?

Well, boogie boomed hard, harder then anyone expected. But call it dead already is far to soon. A lot of new casual IP's boomed hard the first week. Its like games for little girls. You can say it sell well/ won't sell well after the third week, caused by good mouth to mouth. Don't think Boogie will come back, but it is not impossible.

Around the Network

I don't think this will affect the wii overall, but the Nintendo fanboys may take this harder then the rest of the fans of gaming. I never really expected third party games to sell very well on the wii, Nintendo fans have always stood very close to the core games made by Nintendo and i don't think that will change.

But Sony fans are more used to this with the PS2 and PS1, we had 30 games coming out a month at most points and crap games are just something that will happen, i've heard reports of over 2k games for the PS2 and i think that is about right, not too many good games out all of that.

This is nothing to fear and is just part of the wii, most companies see the system selling very well and will try to make some cash fast and they will find out that Nintendo fans will just stick with their own games overall. The wii will have more games overall then Nintendo's past consoles, but nothing like the PS2/PS1.

The wii will stay strong and overcome theses types of game just like they did with the GC.

I'm still baffled that Dewy bombed so hard in Japan. Was it just that no one had heard of the game or did it actually manage to be too ridiculously cute even for the Japanese?

Mysims, Dewy's Adventure, No More Heroes, Umbrella Chronicles, and Zack and Wiki should all be coming out this Holiday season in the US. All of these should be pretty decent games that the developers have put a fair amount of effort into making solely for the Wii. But I think all have the potential to sell poorly due to lack of hype or advertising. If these games do bomb I think 3rd party developers will definitely take note, and some may even cut support. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen, but it looks quite possible.

If games like this keep bombing then I guess we're going to have to rely on third party development that isn't EA or Konami.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Well if 3rd party developers will cut support then they have themselves to thank for if the terrible sales really concerns a lack of advertising. To me it doesn't sound more then they do it "on purpose". It feels like then 3rd party developers hope their games will bomb on the WII or something. But that would be too stupid, now wouldn't it? As Dewy in Japan and Boogie in the US are two total new titles, without any proper advertising the game is completely unknown with the audience and therefore it might not be such a surprise these games don't sell that well, good or no good reviews.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

They will just have to make better games if they wanna sell more. Simple. The markets is their for rhem to make decent sales. Red Steel and Rayman sold very well.

Maybe slap a few made by Nintendo stickers on it would help jump start sales, seriously it probably would.

Devs will quickly learn that they are better of making a PS3/360/PC games then a wii game. The demographics on those 3 is easily predictable while on the wii the only thing they know is if its made by Nintendo it will sale.

Or they need to give making REAL games a try, not this casual party mini game stuff. Nintendo can sale that stuff because its their legions of fans that own the console, they will buy it no matter what it is or how good it is. Straight up competing with Nin on a Nin console is suicide. They need to make games that Nin does not make.

its the nintendo fever coming back. it takes a dam good game for ninty fans (re4) to go and buy it if it doesnt have ninty on it.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Off topic:
Why do you keep starting threads like this or "Kiss Your Old, Hard Nintendo Games Goodbye" when, obviously, you don't like Nintendo consoles & games anyway? Please, don't pretend to be worried when in fact you're celebrating every bit of bad N press you can find or make up. It's annoying.

On topic:
Boogie - indifferent. Doesn't look too good anyway, but EA will probably be pissed.
Dewy - bad. Not my type of game either, but it seems to be well done.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
misteromar said:
They will just have to make better games if they wanna sell more. Simple. The markets is their for rhem to make decent sales. Red Steel and Rayman sold very well.

It has nothing to do with a game being good or not, but since like a Dewy is a new title and with lack of advertising, of course the game won't sell. And again, that game "isn't bad" at all!! But people rather buy hypes. Even if a Mario Galaxy or Brawl will get low review scores, the games will sell.  Mario Party 8 isn't all too good according to reviewers, but does sell ridiculously well and not to imagine a WII Play and even a dumbass Brain Academy (US alone over 160.000 already). Here they throw around with commercials about that idiotic game. Forever Blue seems to be a good game, but doesn't sell all too well either in Japan and that... for a Nintendo title! Of course it has now the problem of having 2 nasty bugs, but Nintendo has resolved that and people can exchange their copy. Rayman is a solid game but not great and Red Steel I have no idea but I hear a lot of mixed feelings about that game and reviews show the game ain't all too good. Plus these titles were launch titles, which helps a lot in sales.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo