By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Developer To Fans: Keep Me From Making Mini-Games

SAles depend one 2 things really. Marketing and quality. Teh hardcorz will buy it (most of the time) if its quality, and teh casualz (at first) will buy it (or not) because of its marketing plan.

DC has my money already, its a great looking game with a great concept, quality will only determine my speed of the purchase.

Around the Network
jammy2211 said:
BengaBenga said:
Everyone that still says that de Blob bombed is an idiot. First of all the game probably has a break even point of 200k copies (= about 5 million devcosts) and second of all it was mentioned as one of THQ's success stories at the last earnings presentation.

I think Deadly Creatures has about the same potential as de Blob. Not massive, but a slow million seller.

You don't seriously think the developer and publisher are making $50 off of every game sold? Really?

Although there are no solid numbers in the video games interest to my knowledge, looking at my experience with the music retail industry I'd imagine a RRP $49.99 Wii title such as de Blob is bought by retailers for approxiamately $27 per copy. Then you have to make deductions such as production, royalties, shipping and taxes before the money reaches the publisher. On that basis I'd say a $5 million project on the Wii needs a sell through of 400k - 500k, I doubt de Blob cost that much though.

de Blob was profitable and no doubt a great success (Albeit I saw alot of marketing for it in the UK, including TV adverts, so maybe not the money cash-cow some people suggest). However the point of my post was more to drill home how stupid your figures were.

All my figures are guesstimates, if anyone has any better sources / figures feel free to correct me, I'd love to have some solid numbers.

You're not really good at math, are you?

BengaBenga said:
jammy2211 said:
BengaBenga said:
Everyone that still says that de Blob bombed is an idiot. First of all the game probably has a break even point of 200k copies (= about 5 million devcosts) and second of all it was mentioned as one of THQ's success stories at the last earnings presentation.

I think Deadly Creatures has about the same potential as de Blob. Not massive, but a slow million seller.

You don't seriously think the developer and publisher are making $50 off of every game sold? Really?

Although there are no solid numbers in the video games interest to my knowledge, looking at my experience with the music retail industry I'd imagine a RRP $49.99 Wii title such as de Blob is bought by retailers for approxiamately $27 per copy. Then you have to make deductions such as production, royalties, shipping and taxes before the money reaches the publisher. On that basis I'd say a $5 million project on the Wii needs a sell through of 400k - 500k, I doubt de Blob cost that much though.

de Blob was profitable and no doubt a great success (Albeit I saw alot of marketing for it in the UK, including TV adverts, so maybe not the money cash-cow some people suggest). However the point of my post was more to drill home how stupid your figures were.

All my figures are guesstimates, if anyone has any better sources / figures feel free to correct me, I'd love to have some solid numbers.

You're not really good at math, are you?

I'm taking a degree in Physics at the second best university institute in the UK for Physics :/.

It would appear I fucked up on that occation though. It's that dam Integration frying my arithmetic.

Lolz.

I like my spiders and scorpions on my TV, so I have no problem with the game. however, I don't like snake at all and that's why I'm looking forward to killing that horrible snake that appeared in some videos.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!