By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii stronger than the original Xbox, if so..

tk1797 said:

Why aren't there games that compare graphically to Riddick or Doom 3. I know it has graphically intense game like metroid 3 and SMG but if its a step up over the xbox souldn't the game look better the majority of the time.

Serious question, are developers being lazy or is the wii hardware to inefficient to waste resources making a good looking game?

Wii is the same hardware as gamecube, just added with motion sensor AND better online capabilities. So no, Xbox IS strogner then wii.

Around the Network

look at the top selling wii games: wii sport, wii plai, wii fit and soon wii sport resort those are far from being graphical powerhouse and they are made by nintendo so I blame nintendo for devs lazyness

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

zaMy said:
tk1797 said:

Why aren't there games that compare graphically to Riddick or Doom 3. I know it has graphically intense game like metroid 3 and SMG but if its a step up over the xbox souldn't the game look better the majority of the time.

Serious question, are developers being lazy or is the wii hardware to inefficient to waste resources making a good looking game?

Wii is the same hardware as gamecube, just added with motion sensor AND better online capabilities. So no, Xbox IS strogner then wii.

Actually that's not entirely true... the Wii is actually 2 Gamecubes duct-taped together!

Sorry, I couldn't resist 

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

chapset said:
look at the top selling wii games: wii sport, wii plai, wii fit and soon wii sport resort those are far from being graphical powerhouse and they are made by nintendo so I blame nintendo for devs lazyness

My thoughts exactly... Nintendo set the precident of releasing "mini-game" collections that skimped on the presentation with Wii Sports and Wii Play, and some of their biggest franchises continued that with games like Mario Pary 8 and Sega's effort with Mario & Sonic Olympics.

So 3rd parties took note, and that's why titles like Carnival Games and Rayman Raving Rabbids etc. have sold really well, and that's the reason why you see the Wii software market flooded with originial titles like "Game Party"... took a real rocket scientist to come up with that one... probably the same guy that came up with the names for "Adventure", "Baseball", and "Combat" on the Atari 2600 lol!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
chapset said:

My thoughts exactly... Nintendo set the precident of releasing "mini-game" collections that skimped on the presentation with Wii Sports and Wii Play, and some of their biggest franchises continued that with games like Mario Pary 8 and Sega's effort with Mario & Sonic Olympics.

So 3rd parties took note, and that's why titles like Carnival Games and Rayman Raving Rabbids etc. have sold really well, and that's the reason why you see the Wii software market flooded with originial titles like "Game Party"... took a real rocket scientist to come up with that one... probably the same guy that came up with the names for "Adventure", "Baseball", and "Combat" on the Atari 2600 lol!

I'm glad that you agree with me

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
zaMy said:
tk1797 said:

no it is not the same hardware as the game cube...that is 100% a fact...!

please stop spreading false statements

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

SmokedHostage said:
729 < 733, therefore, Xbox wins in CPU in MHz
243 > 233, therefore, Wii wins in GPU in MHz

/thread

Copper 729 Mhz > Aluminum 733 Mhz

Just in case someone didn't get you were joking and took your post at face value.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Couldn't be arsed to read through all these pages but in terms of eye candy Gladiator AD is looking pretty tasty. The updated Quantum3 engine now uses an impostor instancing technique that allows it to generate hundreds or even thousands of models without a drop in framerate. This'll allow for the great looking visuals in the trailer combined with a shedload of AI sensitive models that'll react differently depending on how the fight goes on.

Puts Konami's crowd efforts in Pro Evo to shame as well as Capcom's Dead Rising.

And the technique will also be used for The Grinder, as it stands with a year to eighteen months worth of dev time left they have up to 65 enemies on screen, it wouldn't surprise me if they break the century, and as well as the impostor instancing technique and the effects listed below it'll also have destructible environments.

The Conduit also displays some impressive graphic effects including bump, gloss and diffuse mapping, advanced particle effects, HDR lighting effects, real-time reflection and refraction and focus blur. All effects that you'd associate with the PS360 and wouldn't expect on the inferior graphical horsepower of the Wii. The only thing that let it down visually was the bland art style.

There are also the likes of Red Steel 2, Silent Hill Shattered Memories and Cursed Mountain to come which also look impressive.

So how would a CPU with an identical clock rate have higher switching speed using copper?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
So how would a CPU with an identical clock rate have higher switching speed using copper?

Copper is a far better conductor of electricity than aluminum so you get more operations per single clock.

The rEVOLution is not being televised