By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 to max out PS3's SPUs

WiiStation360 said:
cool48 said:
If Killzone 2 can look that nice with using only 60% I wonder what they can accomplish using 100%!!

It is IMPOSSIBLE to max out something that is infinitely powerful, like the Cell.  Everyone knows that.

Game, set, match.

OT:  Even I must agree, from the screenshots I've seen, this game looks a lot better than even Killzone 2 or Gears of War 2 in my opinion.  All those colors and fine details.  These guys really know how to cell shade, my friends.  I may have to pick up the first one some time just so I can play this beautiful game!

Around the Network

all i know is that uncharted 2 will look great, besides playing great as well.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Its better to use 60% efficiently and have room to grow your efficient code base than to use 100% inefficiently.

Tease.

Thats just 100% of the SPU's. The other problem is the lack of Ram. Thats why alot of games dont use 100% of the SPU's because there is not enough ram to go around. So just because its using X% of the SPU's dosnt necessarily change the graphics a whole lot

Long Live SHIO!

WiiStation360 said:
cool48 said:
If Killzone 2 can look that nice with using only 60% I wonder what they can accomplish using 100%!!

It is IMPOSSIBLE to max out something that is infinitely powerful, like the Cell.  Everyone knows that.

true that

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:

Uncharted 2 to max out PS3's SPUs

That's bullshit... their isn't a programming team on this planet that can get the theoretical max output from this chipset... that's why it's called theoretical... in two more years some one else will come out with something even better that pushes the system even more.

And.

Till they are using the Cell for graphics, they are no where near maxing out that hardware.

twingo said:
And.

Till they are using the Cell for graphics, they are no where near maxing out that hardware.

The Cell isn't any good for that... certainlly not as well suited as the GPU they have in there right now.

The race for using more and more of the PS3s spus will only result in better looking games :). Let the games continue

I find it funny with SPU usage equating graphics improvement when the GPU and memory usage of the GPU that really powers how well graphics looks from a technical perspective.

SPU could be used for animation lerping calculations (which admittly can make animations look better), physics processing etc, but nothing really graphical persay.