By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 to max out PS3's SPUs

I played the 1st Uncharted on a 570p 20" Sharp TV with shitty sound And I was amazed. Im going to play the 2nd one on a 1080p 32" Sony LCD with a 500W Surround Sound Kit.
Damn am I in for a treat.

Just off topic how much do you guys expect this game to sell?

Around the Network
cool48 said:
If Killzone 2 can look that nice with using only 60% I wonder what they can accomplish using 100%!!

It is IMPOSSIBLE to max out something that is infinitely powerful, like the Cell.  Everyone knows that.

konnichiwa said:
Comments as 'it uses so much from this system' or it maxes out this system are just made to create hype.

You should be surprised how many get interested in a game when they read those kind of comments.

Yes.  These threads all end the same way.  I don't really care how much power Uncharted 2 uses, just give me another great game in 2009.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Please people...stop this madness. Maxing out the SPU power will not have anything to do with how good the game is. Stats like this are for people that have nothing to good to say about their game...

"Err...yeah, its still a tomb raider...with a dude...but look, we're maxing SPUs!!! AAA confirmed!"

Q. What percentage of the PlayStation's power are you using for each Crash game?
A: All of it. 110 volts. Exactly what is in your wall socket. But there is a lot more that we can do with the 110 volts in the future. Look for the next PlayStation games we work on to look better and better.

Around the Network

Ok...???

4 ≈ One

Bull-shit

But Uncharted 2 will look mighty tasty, as we've already seen.

Won't max out ps3 , will be graphics OTY.

disolitude said:
Please people...stop this madness. Maxing out the SPU power will not have anything to do with how good the game is. Stats like this are for people that have nothing to good to say about their game...

"Err...yeah, its still a tomb raider...with a dude...but look, we're maxing SPUs!!! AAA confirmed!"

I agree with the sentiment, this reeks of smack-talk, in saying that however, uncharted 2 to will definitely rock regardless. :)

I also doubt that this game will max out the PS3's hardware but the game is looking amazing from what we have seen and will likely be one of the games to remember of 2009 and another exclusive gem to add to the must have games for the console!