By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is gran turismo Graphically the best

Astrodust said:
I bought GRID the other day and man is it intense. I have my 360 hooked up to a 52 inch 7 series samsung and it is awesome. When the graphics are that close I seriously think the better game in this genre is the one that gives you that adrenaline rush.

INSANE! that game looks awesome! I just checked it out! Move over burn out paradise!!!!!!!! Does any one know what console GRID is better on? ps3 or 360? or are they the same? I can imagen burn out being like this if EA didnt take over. I liked where burn out 2 went but the series has kind of lost what it once had :( GRID looks like it brings that back though!!! (minus the traffic)

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

Around the Network
SnowWhitesDrug said:
Astrodust said:
I bought GRID the other day and man is it intense. I have my 360 hooked up to a 52 inch 7 series samsung and it is awesome. When the graphics are that close I seriously think the better game in this genre is the one that gives you that adrenaline rush.

INSANE! that game looks awesome! I just checked it out! Move over burn out paradise!!!!!!!! Does any one know what console GRID is better on? ps3 or 360? or are they the same? I can imagen burn out being like this if EA didnt take over. I liked where burn out 2 went but the series has kind of lost what it once had :( GRID looks like it brings that back though!!! (minus the traffic)

I own it on PC and it performs brilliantly, but I think the PS3 and 360 versions are nearly identical. Either way you're in for a treat. The game combines just enough sim elements with some arcade elements to make it really enjoyable.

I think their metacritic ratings are very close. I seriously doubt you'll notice much difference unless the games are side by side. If it's anything I've learned this generation, it's that PS3 and 360 games are on par with each other.

Grid has sim element?...that's new..

It doesn't even properly support my G25..

A problem with threads like this is, even if one game clearly looks inferior, a fanboy for the system it is on will say the exclusive game on their system looks best.

My take is the track environment looked better in Forza 2 (road was more detailed for one), but Prologue had more detailed cars in how they looked.

We are at a place where game physics and the feel of driving is what matters most. The graphics are close enough to each other to be secondary. And, on that note, I dislike GRID because of it. I didn't like the demo AT ALL. I did like DiRT enough though. I am not going to disrespect GRID, but just say I didn't like it.

Around the Network

thanks guys. Yeah I just read IGN's ps3 review of the game and the sim/arcade mix sounds perfect. I've walked past this game so many times thinking its just another one of thoes racing games trying to cut in on the market but this game really deserves my attention! it will tide me over while I wait for the full version of GT5, I gotta get it!!! It almost makes me feel like burn out and ridge racer were a waste of money :(

Can you show me a track on Forza 2 that looks better than the London track on GT5P?

I'll go check it out over my friend's house this weekend.

richardhutnik said:
A problem with threads like this is, even if one game clearly looks inferior, a fanboy for the system it is on will say the exclusive game on their system looks best.

My take is the track environment looked better in Forza 2 (road was more detailed for one), but Prologue had more detailed cars in how they looked.

We are at a place where game physics and the feel of driving is what matters most. The graphics are close enough to each other to be secondary. And, on that note, I dislike GRID because of it. I didn't like the demo AT ALL. I did like DiRT enough though. I am not going to disrespect GRID, but just say I didn't like it.

Forza 2 is inferior graphics wise in both track and car departments. Im more a 360 fanboy then a ps3 fanboy and I will admit that Forza, being microsofts big racing sim is a little embarasing on the graphics front. The physics are very nice, the speed could feel a little faster (the game is slow in comparison to GT5 and how the real world feels) but there is no way any one could validly say forza looks better in any way to GT5p. That game falls to pieces when its upscaled to 1080p and looks like rubbish, there is pixel stepping all over the lines of the cars and it totaly wrecks it for me. GT5p however displays very very VERY nicely in 1080p even if its horizontal line has a few less pixels. And where is the cool cockpit view!!! come on microsoft!!!! forza is missing the visual bells and whistles that GT5p has

I still think GT5P is the best graphical console title. People say MGS4. Both look stunning but its GT5P for me

Ynwa.

FilaBrasileiro said:
fazz said:
Wait... Gran Turismo is simulator?

And I've played both GT5P and GRID, and I think the later has better graphics... but who knows, might just be the 52" Sony that I played GT5P on.

Grid looks better than GT5P? LOL

I have played both to death and I also have to laugh at this statement. Grid looks decent, the damage and replays are what make it so fantastic, but for straight up and down graphical prowess, GT5:P is leaps and bounds ahead.