By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz vs. NexGen Wars

Jasmine said:
ioi

you are SO right. You have made that claim before and you got it. I am so busted. I am David Riley. email address is a fake Yahoo email that I, David Riley, am using. Your genius at identifying writing styles helped to identify me, David Riley. I should have known that I, David Riley, who obviously has nothing better to do, don't have the brains you do. You are so darn smart and I am nothing more than your puppet. vgchartz owns me, David Riley.

Are you reading what you are typing? Perhaps if you explained yourself you might get a better reception from the forums. There are tons and tons of dissenting views here on VGChartz, and none of them are banned because they are capable of backing up their positions with logic and facts.

All anyone has asked you to do is explain yourself, which is a completely reasonable request. So please, either explain your positions and site your sources - or - take a hike.

Edit: PS- I don't care if you are David Riley, as long as you can support your arguments I have no problems with you around, and I would bet ioi would agree.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
ioi said:
Anyway, what exactly is a Wharton MBA? (Excuse my ignorance being british)

Wharton is a prestigious business school. The alumni say it's the most prestigious. A Wharton (or other Ivy League) education is a useful tool when you've said something flat-out wrong or ridiculous, because then you can just wave it in the air and brush aside criticism, like Oxford and Cambridge grads do in your country.

I told you I'm not Jasmine. My name is David Riley and I work for the NPD.

He probably does have an MBA. I mean who the heck uses an MBA to back up statistcal anaylsis? MBA programs suck for statistics compared to just about any other statistic involved programs. The buisness teachers I know who were experts in statistics had to get their training from math teachers and psychologists.

Kasz216 said:
He probably does have an MBA. I mean who the heck uses an MBA to back up statistcal anaylsis? MBA programs suck for statistics compared to just about any other statistic involved programs. The buisness teachers I know who were experts in statistics had to get their training from math teachers and psychologists.

I agree a Theoretical Physisist would have more credentials for siting statistical refrences due to their extensive mathmatical training. MBA's are for CEO and managers who have their underlings analyize numbers, which they then regurgitate to stockholders, co-executives, and apparently Internet forums. (No wait sctratch that last one).

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

If they think it will make them sound better people will use anything to make themselves sound more credible, even working at Burger King because that gave them an inside scoop on the BK games and Halo 3 advertisements. 

As for if Jasmine is really David Riley, meh, whatever.  Internet Matlockery is always fun to watch but in the end I really just don't care.

twesterm said:
Kasz216 said:

If they think it will make them sound better people will use anything to make themselves sound more credible, even working at Burger King because that gave them an inside scoop on the BK games and Halo 3 advertisements.

As for if Jasmine is really David Riley, meh, whatever. Internet Matlockery is always fun to watch but in the end I really just don't care.

I'm totally stealing that word.

rasone77 said:
Kasz216 said:

I agree a Theoretical Physisist would have more credentials for siting statistical refrences due to their extensive mathmatical training. MBA's are for CEO and managers who have their underlings analyize numbers.

A theoretical physicist may be better at math but if they don't know the statistical theories, their guess is as good as yours.  It's been a few years since I took physics (just for fun info-- I love math, minored in it actually, I'm terrible at physics >_>) there wasn't a lot of stat in there.

Maybe David always wanted to be a girl... who knows?

twesterm said:
Kasz216 said:

As for if Jasmine is really David Riley, meh, whatever.  Internet Matlockery is always fun to watch but in the end I really just don't care.

From your post I can deduce you are really old...Matlockery? ohhh Matlock(abe simpson voice) will get him! YES!