By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 2009: PC's Best Year EVER (possibly better than all consoles combined)

Where did you come up with 280 million PC gamers?

I probably need to buy a graphics card if I want to play these games. :(

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Every year the PC line up looks incredible. I saw a great one last year too, but most of these games never seemed to get a release date. If all of them are coming in 2009, i wont need a console.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@shio: How are Braid and Mirror's Edge PC exclusives? Or do you mean exclusive for 2009? I believe Eduardo the Samurai Toaster is also coming to the Wii.

Crayon Physics Deluxe looks awesome. Edit: Snap, it releases in two days!

theRepublic said:

I got it from PCGA. They actually said it was over 260 millions I think.

If Diablo III was indeed coming out in 2009 I would be prepared to agree with the title, but it is in fact not coming out in 2009. Zero chance. I will wager on this.

(SCII reportedly began in 2003; DIII in 2005. SCII was announced in 2007; DIII 2008. SCII comes out (partially!) in 2009; DIII, 2010 at the earliest.)

shio, your constant exaggeration of the greatness of the PC gaming scene (in all ways) is quite remarkable. Listening to you on the subject is like listening to MikeB talk about the Cell. Entertaining sometimes, and one can certainly learn quite a bit, but there is no doubt that it is total propaganda to be taken with a mountain of salt when you say anything beyond well-sourced facts.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I'm going to get starcraft 2 and spore (when I upgrade to snow leapard from tiger), call me when more of that list is mac compatible.

shio said:
theRepublic said:

I got it from PCGA. They actually said it was over 260 millions I think.

Found it.  It is actually 260 million PC gamers worldwide (in 2007).  That number actually comes from DFC Intelligence, which is a market research company.

I wonder how many of those people can actually play these new games though.  I would consider myself a PC gamer, and I'm pretty sure my computer would struggle on those new games without an upgrade.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Not many could or would want to play core pc games. Thankfully casual companies like popcap have existed + things like the sims etc. You know all those brain training games etc? Those type of games have been on the pc for a long time before nintendo decided to create its casual console. Heck I was playing maths blaster when I was in primary school.

you forgot half life 2 episode 3

Check out my game about moles ^

Awesome line-up. Half of those got my attention. Looks way better than the Wii lineup.