By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 2009: PC's Best Year EVER (possibly better than all consoles combined)

I'll take StarCraft 2. The rest can go back into the hell they came from.

If you scroll through it really fast, it's kind of like you're watching an ad for one game the whole time. They're all brown and grey, except for 3 or 4 colorful ones that stick out.

Around the Network
shio said:
Squilliam said:
shio said:
Squilliam said:
Question: How many of those will be day and date with a console release?

Question: Will Blizzard remain PC exclusive forever?

Question: How many of those will match the polish of those PS3 exclusives you dismissed earlier? GT5 = Starcraft 2 and with Diablo 3 not having a set 2009 release date I would say 2010 is a more probable year.

1) Only 3 are released on consoles: Braid, Mirror's Edge and Burnout Paradise.

2) Stupid question, Blizzard was never PC exclusive (see Mac)

3) A hole buttload will easily match the polish of PS3 games. Starcraft 2 is also a shoe-in for this year, most likely in the first semester of the year, a bit later than it's competition: Dawn of War 2, Empire: Total War, Demigod and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor.

1. I said will not has been released on consoles. Many of the better adventure games could see a Wii release and many of the other titles I could see having a console release as well.

2. Im willing to bet that within 5 years all blizzards releases will be day and date with a console release. (barring starcraft)

3. The list is very skewed towards RTS anyway, the action games however leaves a little to be desired. In that respect it does not match the PS3 lineup.

I doubt any console has a better lineup on exclusive action games. But just like I said on the second post, I have not added all the bigger PC games, among them are 2 hyped action games:

- APB, an MMO GTA-like game that has been getting alot of attention. "the PC edition was Realtime Worlds priority and will be the first to market" and "that if it does proceed with console editions of the game, both an Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version" would be considered." its also slipped to 2009 which does raise that possibility further.

- Metro 2033, a Stalker-like game, and even uses the same engine as Stalker's. Can't find any info.

And how is the Action lineup weak?? Look at this:

Quake Live - Possibly the biggest FPS release this year. Unreal Tournament was better back then, so why is it significant now?

Battlefield Heroes - a new entry to the well-known series. A TF2 clone, but without the hand of Valve. We'll see.

Braid - Finally coming to PC. Been there done that...

Cryostasis - Bioshock's rival. Really, so rival to one of the top games of 2008 and you're saying its a rival based on what? The fact they are both dark and involve water?

Mirror's Edge - Coming to PC and with a full revolution on physics. Yeah SLI physics is so mainstream.

Fallen Empire: Legions - developed by the makers of the Tribal series. A Tribal-like Shooter. What makes you think it could capture the magic of the old one?

FEZ - One of the highest anticipated indie games ever. As much as Braid and maybe even Audiosurf. Looks quite niche. Release date/platforms TBA.

Global Agenda - Hype has been surrounding this new MMOFPS. Not even in Beta testing, yet you expect this will be released next year? MMOs are almost always delayed.

Shattered Horizon - from the guys that made 3D Mark. Ok, looks pretty good, will it even release this year and more importantly will more than 5% of PC gamers be able to play it?

Zeno Clash - A surreal setting with a seemingly very viable Melee mechanics for a first-person game. Looks good.

Tease.

is natural selection 2 really coming out in 09? that'll make my year right there. been waiting for that game ever since HL2 and the source engine were released. also cant wait for Starcraft and diablo. day 1 pick ups for everything!

There is only STARCRAFT 2........no need for anything else ;)........

Honestly, you jsut had to say Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 and the line up is already automatically better than anything the consoles would be able to spit out, including KZ2 and Unchated. However I doubt Blizzard will release Diablo 3 in 3009 unless they were fucking morons. Another however, just Starcraft 2 makes this this list better than ANY other line up. It would only be better if Blizzad weren't fucking whores and released a protoss and zerg campaigns as well.....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

Empire: Total War
APB
Hearts of Iron III

Well, it's an alright line-up. Although, a bunch of crap listed makes it harder to find the jewels.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

No way Diablo 3 comes out this year, just isnt happening.

But, Starcraft 2 and Dragon Age: Origins are more then enough to keep me happy!

Had to change my sig to get some moderator to quit bitching about it......

exactly what im done with pc gaming. annoying ass pc fanboys and not even 1 pc only game i like.

i used to play diablo but now i dont like games with quests and you need a level to use this weapon or that armor. diablo 3 looks nice though :) i dont play starcraft but it looks nice too

bRoKeN said:
exactly what im done with pc gaming. annoying ass pc fanboys and not even 1 pc only game i like.

i used to play diablo but now i dont like games with quests and you need a level to use this weapon or that armor. diablo 3 looks nice though :) i dont play starcraft but it looks nice too

ANNOYING PC fanboys?   Dude there is like 1 pc topic on this site a month at most it seems.  Heck probably even less.

The only topics I ever see are topics showing a list of PC games for that year and the topic becomes super long and all talk is in there.  At least we ain't making 10 new topics for each new info for each of our games. 

Also its not us trying to demeaner the mouse and keyboard on FPS all the time.  We know they are the best and ain't trying to always bring up the dual analog sticks as being GOD

I wouldn't say this Line-Up is better than all Console Line-up.

Number of games means absolutely nothing, it comes down to how they play and how well made they are.

Some of those games might become a "Haze, Lair, Too Human etc". So before spouting that it's "possibly better than all consoles combined", read off info and also make sure that their aren't any TBA games.

Plus you have to factor that some of those titles may be pushed back, it's common.

None-the-less, there looks to be quite a bit of games that look nice, will definitely be cool to know more info on:

Black Sky (looks like a space shooter from pic)
Collapse (It looks interesting)
Limbo (really would like to know more, the pic is too vague)
Zeno Clash (looks pretty cool looking from the image, would like to know more)
Heaven (pic looks interesting)
The Path (looks like it would be a good horror)
Demigod (that right there looks awesome just from the giant mobs)
Battleforge (looks like it would be fun)
and of course Diablo III and Starcraft II look great.

The rest of the games though, don't look all too appealing to me. I guess if I knew more about them, then maybe.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.