By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will be the maximum and minimum PS3->360 gap in 2009

Fumanchu said:
I think everyone is offering their numbers based off extremes in different variable scenarios. I think the intent was to pick a scenario not a 'what if' for the case of both sides and offer your numbers based on that eventuating.

Some people are, but I think the majority are answering the question as intended :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

MaX = 9.8M
MiN = 5.8M

Max - 9 million

Minimum - 6 million

Well, maximum and minimum shouldn't be that far away from each other.

I'd expect the 360 to outsell the PS3 during the first half of the year by maybe about 1 million so the maximum gap would be 9 million then.

After Sony cuts the price the gap should reduce (Christmas 2009 is probably going to be way bigger for Sony than 2008 but the Xbox360 should see lower sales than this year) so I'd say minimum 6 million. But that really depend on how much Sony drops the price and when. This is a huge factor for a 400$ console so it is hard to predict.

Louie said:

I'd expect the 360 to outsell the PS3 during the first half of the year by maybe about 1 million so the maximum gap would be 9 million then.

After Sony cuts the price the gap should reduce (Christmas 2009 is probably going to be way bigger for Sony than 2008 but the Xbox360 should see lower sales than this year) so I'd say minimum 6 million. But that really depend on how much Sony drops the price and when. This is a huge factor for a 400$ console so it is hard to predict.

Great Minds think alike.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

By how much 299$/€ costing 80Gb PS3 will outsell x360 ???
For 1st week?
For 1st month?
For first half a year?
Is that even predictable? =)

EDIT: ok, then i guess, maximum: 2 mln. in x360 favour and minimum: 4 mln. in PS3 favour.

After FFXIII and GT5 release in Japan, also Yakuza 3, RE5, Tekken 6, Bayonetta, SF4 and other Japan oriented games + possible PS3 pricecut or slim model, PS3 is going to sell not 1 mln. in Japan, like during 2008, BUT atleast  +4-5 mln. additional sales, which will make the ESTIMATED difference of 8 mln.(it could be less or bigger) to be like 3-4 mln. in favour of x360.

In Euorpe, x360 60Gb model with 2 games(casual bundle) already cost 200 euro, while PS3 80GB(+LBP) cost 400 euro. I think, in next few months the difference in sales won`t be that big like in Christmas in favour for x360, BEST case +30-50k weekly. BUT after KZ2 release i expect ps3/x360 to sell pretty much same, after PRICECUT to 300 euros or/and GT5 release, i expect PS3 to outsell x360 by atleast 50-100k per week.

IN NA, the difference could be like 50-70k in favour of x360, again till KZ2 release. Overall, same scenario like in Europe. =)

Dude you're Crazzzy

I do think that the maximum gap will be around 9.5-10 if sony does not arrange a price cut soon. Minimum with PS3 still being more expensive then Arcade and possibly MS slashing the price of Pro/Elite will be around 6.5 milion.

Miniumum - 5
Maximum - 10

DMeisterJ said:
Louie said:

Great Minds think alike.

I think so Let's hope our prediction comes true :p

Louie said:
DMeisterJ said:
Louie said:

Great Minds think alike.

Great - my first double post in 2009...

Squilliam said:
I would say the minimum gap would be about 7,000,000 units and the maximum would be about 14,000,000 units.

This.