By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will be the maximum and minimum PS3->360 gap in 2009

min. 3M
Max 9M

Around the Network

Maximum gap: 12 million
Minimum gap: 8 million

min 7 mil
max 14 mil

I'd say no way going below 6 mil unless Microsoft releases nothing as far as good titles and pricecuts.

I think everyone is offering their numbers based off extremes in different variable scenarios. I think the intent was to pick a scenario not a 'what if' for the case of both sides and offer your numbers based on that eventuating.

Well I don't knoe but I thought that the terms MINIMUM and MAXIMUM, inherently represents the logical extremes, elsewise the query would be what reasonable mean/median do you think will be the gap between xbox360 and PS3 throughout 2009.

I dunno, thats the way I look at it anyway. I figured I was asked to think about the logical extremes to an extent.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Max: 10.5mil
Min: 8mil

I can't see the Min/Max being too far apart from each other next year - unless Sony really starts hurting financially, the HD consoles' sales should stay reasonably close. For reference, even with the momentum swings this year, the min/max was 5.5mil / 8mil for 2008.

I also think the 360 will have a better year overall (hence, the 8mil minimum). The scenario I imagine is the 360 continuing to pull away during most of the year, until FFXIII / GT5 / price cut in the second half of they ear helps the PS3 catch up. I see the gap being around 9mil or so at the end of 09.

Actually, I've little confidence in this prediction (shot in the dark pretty much), but whatever...

Yeah I think it was proposed on the case of what you believe the actual spread will be at it's highest and lowest point this year.

Not pick both sides 'dream runs' and state would could be if this happens or that happens.

Whatever you'll get a 'cookie' if one your answers is right - just not 2.

The lowest the gap will be this year is 7.97 mill

The highest the gap will reach is 11.5 mill

The year will end with the gap at 11.5 mill

I have a tracker in my sig.

Fumanchu said:
Yeah I think it was proposed on the case of what you believe the actual spread will be at it's highest and lowest point this year.

Not pick both sides 'dream runs' and state would could be if this happens or that happens.

Whatever you'll get a 'cookie' if one your answers is right - just not 2.

Ahhh I see it now.  Yeah I think you are right.

I'm not sure if the OP had edited the statement before or after my post, but in reading it now I see where your coming from, and I just hadn't seen it that way.  Good point!

I think I'm gonna keep my predictions even still... I think this year will be a wild ride! he he :^)

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Haha maybe! I hope so just to spice things up a bit...or into pandemonium!!