By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Market Share Leader Winter 07

Who will come away with the most market share between all their next gen products this winter. It will pretty obviously be either Sony or Nintendo, but which one will take the crown. Right now Nintendo has the slight advantage in US and EU with a huge lead in Japan. Their is a good chance however that Sony could still beat them out. My predictions per region:

Japan% USA % EU%
DS27
DS
DS
Wii
PSP
PSP
PSP
PS3
PS3
PS3
Wii
15.8 Wii
PS2
PS2
PS2
 Japan
USA
Europe
Sony45.5
Nintendo
Microsoft

Breakdown:
DS-I think their is no way any system beats the DS. Nintendo can produce as many as they need and their is no doubt it can sell a lot of units.

PSP-With the PSP redisign and it being the time of the year were slightly high price products do better I see the PSP performing well this year.

PS3-I feel that the PS3 will outsell the Wii this winter. It will not be due to deman, but due to Nintendo not being able to produce enoghf Wiis. And we all know Sony has to many PS3's sitting around right now so stock it not an issue for them. I think the PS3 will sell better than the 360 due to name brand, wider spectrum of games, and big pushes in Japan and Europe. It is just more of a mass market product than the 360.

Wii-As mentioned above, I think Wii demand will be huge this winter (I mean you got to be an idiot to think not), however, I think they will have supply issues. If it does not end up with this issue I see it just behind the PSP still, but somewhat significantl ahead of PS3.

PS2-With a good chance of a price drop in late October I think the PS2 has one last good run in it. It should come very close to either the Wii or PS3 whichever is in third. IMO this will be the most interesting console to watch this winter.

360-Sadly I just don't see much hope for the 360 in the end. Halo will be big, and it will sell a few consoles, but I feel it will not be enoghf. PGR4 will not make a great impact, and I think Mass Effect will be to late. Bioshock is the best looking game for the 360 right now, but I don't think the masses will notice it tell it gets big pushes from the industry. To me the 360 just dosn't look like it will be that attractive to the major part of the market, it is to focused on the gangster teenage kids to be noticed as well by the 25 to 45 year old market which has the money to buy a system.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

No way the 360 will have 5 million in Europe

我是广州人

....all i got to say..... somebody else will spell it out for you in a bit i dont feel like it just look it over and youll know

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Ashadelo said:
No way the 360 will have 5 million in Europe

ehh WHAT? where did you get that from

hehe just kidding =)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

@ Lost tears of Kain

I am going with two differant approches from the responders.
1. You can't forget about the GBA.
2. You dumb sheep, no matter what Sony does you will follow. The 360 has the best linup ever, and the Wii is the best selling console of all time as of release dates. Plus the PS3 has a weak linup this winter.

I know that it is going to happen it is inevidable, but I think this could be a very good topic, and I would hope we are all old enoughf to keep it on track.

REMINDER - THIS IS ALL MY OPINION

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

How do you come to the conclusion that a $500 console will be the substitute that people will buy instead of a Wii when there aren't enough?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

you shouldn't talk about market share together with handheld and living room console... it's not the same market... it's about as close of a market than car radios and shelf radio system....
and if you want to compare them then take MS out of the scoring as they don't have handheld....

like that the numbers are meaningless...
well IMO

Not sure how the PS3 can outsell the Wii and still reach 11.5 and 19m, respectively.

Current

Wii = 10.1m
PS3 = 4.1m

oh and there is defenitaly more grown ups playing XB 360 than PS3 so your last statement might be miss perception on your side....

And predicting 6m PS3s sold in America is a bit of a cruel joke.