By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Market Share Leader Winter 07

sorry I'm slow tonight.... hum PS3 at 600 or 500 is definatelly not more a mass market product than XB and of course WII.... XB/PS3 are not mass market product yet

Around the Network

There's no way whatsoever that the PS3 will outsell the Wii in ANY region this winter. Not even close. Not even if the Wii continues to have supply issues.

Sony has already seen the release of two big-name Japanese titles (Gundam Musou and HSG) in Japan, as well as a price drop in NA and a new bundle in Europe, and neither has stimulated sales enough to come to even half of what the Wii sells with its supply issues now. I see no reason why that'll change in a few months.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

oh what garcian smith said too lol

A lot of your percentages in the  tables don't match your sig, actually. You're predicting the PS3 to have a higher market-share than the Wii in the USA, yet sell fewer units.

Desroko said:
And predicting 6m PS3s sold in America is a bit of a cruel joke.

Ehh this and everything else everyone has said gets a giant bingo from me.

First off it may be your opinion, but its a sad opinion, i will listen and very much respect opinions that seem reasonable. While this is not impossable its still very unreasonable.

That and i cant stand how you just diss xbox, yet try to hide it by saying your honost opinion.

I would very much respect your opinion, but plz make it reasonable and dont be bias

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Okay, disregarding every other issue here for a moment:

The PS3 has sold 1.78 million PS3s through nearly 9 months in the US, including a Christmas. You now expect the PS3 to sell 4.25 million PS3s in 5 months including a Christmas? That would take a quadrupling of the sales rate.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Ok I found the mistake. The wii numbers and PS2 numbers in japan were screwed up, I fixed them know. About the PS3 and Wii in the US. If the Wii sells 4 million this winter it will hit 8.06, the PS3 with 1% more market would hit 6 million. The rest of the numers all were working out for me.

On to why I gave the 360 such bad numbers. It is not that I hate the 360, if I have a problem with any system it is the Wii. I just don't feel that the 360 will be able to get itself going. IMO the PS3 just offers to much, name brand, quality, functionality, and equaly good games. Heck I will be getting all the same games you big 360 guys are getting this year. I already have my Halo 3 pre-ordered, Bioshock is a shoe in, and I won't be missing Mass Effect either. In the end I just feel that the 360 is to much of a niche system. It is for some PC guys, gangsters, and grownups still trying to be cool. The PS3 is more of a familty machine, with hardcore games, and a more muture personality. I know the systems are both to expensivee, but I just can't shake the felling the Playstation name will play a part. But hey I could be wrong, and thats why it a prediction.

P.S. I am the PC guy that also has Xbox, if you were wondering. I just can't wait 3 years for some of the good exclusives to come over to PC.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

umm... about your sig, for ps3...
2.5 + 6 + 3.5 is 12 not 11.5, unless im severely mistaken

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

KBG29 said:
Ok I found the mistake. The wii numbers and PS2 numbers in japan were screwed up, I fixed them know. About the PS3 and Wii in the US. If the Wii sells 4 million this winter it will hit 8.06, the PS3 with 1% more market would hit 6 million. The rest of the numers all were working out for me.

On to why I gave the 360 such bad numbers. It is not that I hate the 360, if I have a problem with any system it is the Wii. I just don't feel that the 360 will be able to get itself going. IMO the PS3 just offers to much, name brand, quality, functionality, and equaly good games. Heck I will be getting all the same games you big 360 guys are getting this year. I already have my Halo 3 pre-ordered, Bioshock is a shoe in, and I won't be missing Mass Effect either. In the end I just feel that the 360 is to much of a niche system. It is for some PC guys, gangsters, and grownups still trying to be cool. The PS3 is more of a familty machine, with hardcore games, and a more muture personality. I know the systems are both to expensivee, but I just can't shake the felling the Playstation name will play a part. But hey I could be wrong, and thats why it a prediction.

P.S. I am the PC guy that also has Xbox, if you were wondering. I just can't wait 3 years for some of the good exclusives to come over to PC.

See while i see you fixed some of your mistakes, you have to admit what you said could piss off alot of people. Lets be honost telling people that they play xbox to be grown ups who are gangsters and trying to be cool and just talking shit about them.

If you want to disagree or i hurt the xbox at least AT LEAST plz dont talk about the people who play it. I dont i think all ages play all 3 consoles. Just dont  ever say a general statement that people who play this console are a bunch of ......... you get the point. Talk about how you dont think the software will push and how you think the ps3 is a better system. Heck i think it is, but at the moment i feel the xbox has more to offer till some actually good games get on the shelves.

Plz dont tell us that one console is for more mature people, cause when you do, it really contradicts that when the when your saying that only mature people play your console and the xbox is for gangster teenagers and old people who want to be cool

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I think you're a bit optimistic with your PS3 numbers, but I suppose what you have is possible, as we really cannot know how the PS3 will perform during the holidays.

However, you're wildly optimistic with your PSP numbers. you have it selling 83% of the DS's numbers in Japan? And 84% of the DS's numbers in Europe?

You have got to be kidding yourself, there is no way the PSP can pull these sorts of numbers. These two consoles are pretty much set (and let's not forget Dragon Quest is coming out for the DS). The DS has been regularly outselling the PSP 3:1 in Japan at least, what gives you the idea it could possibly come back and hit 83% of the DS numbers?

a 53% Nintendo market share in Japan is crazy considering we've been seeing numbers above 75% most of the year...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!