By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Market Share Leader Winter 07

ya dog, 'am a gangsta ni**, ya digg wha am'sain' dog ??? XB it's da shite dog, for grown ups who wanna be cool dog, ya feel me dog ???

lol nah I don't think he was trying to be rude... and everybody knows XB is the best anyway lol :) :P

Around the Network
KBG29 said:

P.S. I am the PC guy that also has Xbox, if you were wondering. I just can't wait 3 years for some of the good exclusives to come over to PC.

You just said in another thread that you own a PS1, a PS2, a PS3 and a PSP.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5541&start=0#end

Relevant text: "I had the PS1 since day one, PS2 the same, with PSP, and 3."

Apparently, not only do you own all those systems, but you bought every one of them on the first day they were released. Your avatar is GT5 and your profile background is Heavenly Sword. Yes, clearly, you are a PC/360 fanboy. Thank you for your objective analysis.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

no way that PS3 can sell another 4.2 million units in US before 1st jan 2008...at least if they don't give a Wii for free for each PS3.

come on: Sony has (by far) the weakest line-up this fall and the most expensive console and  still you're tryn' to convince us that PS3 in US will sell more than Wii and X360...no way

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

As a rough (optimistic) estimate the PS3 will have sold 2.25 Million units in North America, 1.5 Million in Japan and 1.75 Million in the other regions as of September 30th; for a total of 5.5 Million units after 10.5 months on the market. A reasonable (optimistic) estimate for the following 3 months would be 2.5 to 4.5 Million units in the following 3 months for a total of 8 to 10 Million units; it will simply not pass 10 Million units in 2007.

The Wii should be (roughly) 12 Million units sold worldwide as of September 30th after 10.5 months on the market. Depending on supply Nintendo should be able to sell 4 to 8 Million units over the following 3 months for a total of 16 to 20 Million units sold worldwide; it will not pass 20 Million units in 2007.

The XBox 360 will be at (roughly) 11 Million units sold worldwide as of September 30th after 22.5 months on the market; being that (worldwide) it is selling at a similar rate to the PS3 it will probably sell similar over the following 3 months (2.5 to 4.5 Million units) for a total of 13.5 to 15.5 Million units worldwide.

Only the best years of the PS2's life did it pass 6 Million units sold worldwide in its holiday period, the only systems that are selling well enough today to suggest they could meet these kinds of numbers this holiday period are the Nintendo DS and the Wii.

Hasn't Nintendo been stockpiling consoles since the SNES? Why would they stop now especially with the best selling system of all-time?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
KBG29 said:

P.S. I am the PC guy that also has Xbox, if you were wondering. I just can't wait 3 years for some of the good exclusives to come over to PC.

You just said in another thread that you own a PS1, a PS2, a PS3 and a PSP.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5541&start=0#end

Relevant text: "I had the PS1 since day one, PS2 the same, with PSP, and 3."

Apparently, not only do you own all those systems, but you bought every one of them on the first day they were released. Your avatar is GT5 and your profile background is Heavenly Sword. Yes, clearly, you are a PC/360 fanboy. Thank you for your objective analysis.

I feel like Dr. Watson.

@HappySqurriel:
Those estimates are good and fair on all the consoles.

@KBG29:
Your estimates could happen its just highly unlikely that that many consoles will be sold this Christmas unless everyone gets a massive bonus and wants to buy a console.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

And in 4 months you think the PS3 will sell 8 million units? That's 2 Million units a month, or 7 million at Christmas. You honestly think a console that costs $600 with no games will outsell a system that is being stockpiled with some of the most anticipated games this holiday season? I do not understand your logic.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@dtewi:
WoahWoahWoah hold the phone there,NO GAMES have you been in a cupboard for the last few monthes seriously that comment reeks of fanboy,you should have said not as many games or not that many AAA titles but saying no games is fanboy.Over the next year the PS3 has stunning titles coming out starting with Warhawk and LAIR(dont bring up the bad review you wont believe what they said the reason for a 5.5 was "The dragon shooting fireballs wasnt realistic enough" and they said they loved the controls)any way then you have Heavenly Sword then Uncharted then R&C then UT3 then HAZE then Folklore then next year MGS4,Killzone2,LBP,GT5 and lots more and we already have Resistance,Motorstorm,NinjaGaidenSigma and others.And i believe the most anticipated games are Halo3,MassEffect and Bioshock and some others that i cant remember.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

This is a funny thread. The sales %'s don't seem to take into consideration current sales %'s at all and some of your verbiage used is inflammatory.

You have Nintendo at under 36% of the US market yet they typically hold 60%.
You have Sony at 50% of the US market yet yet even with the recent price cut they hold only 35% of the US market.

Obviously these will fluctuate and not match their usual weekly figures but to be this far off is highly doubtful.

The rEVOLution is not being televised