By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What do you think will be the PS3's LTD sales?

@karimkassis.

LTD means life-to-date... the date is currently 2nd January (GMT) so the PS3 sales by the 2nd Jan will be about 19.5 million.

As you can see underneath that, I gave an estimate for lifetime sales as 45-50 million.

I can guarantee you all that the PS3 will not exceed 70 million... And speaking of 70 million, I can guarantee the Wii will pass that in 2009.

Around the Network

Another thing going for my prediction is that IMO it will have a very long life, 6 years at least. Sony have shown they do not move onto there next console and give up on the latter. Also the PSP has not sold huge numbers yet they are sticking with it, it does not yet have a stream of good games.

And the PS3........well people saying it no longer has a good lineup are just fanboys, nothing else to describe them. Huge games coming starting with one next month, thankfully the "PS3 has no good games" excuse died some time ago.

leo-j said:
Im skepticle because the $299 price point can either hurt or bring ps3 sales up significantly.

How could a price cut hurt the Ps3?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

@RPG.

Sony have shown they will happily stretch out the life of a successful brand, they have not yet shown they can do the same with a struggling console.

Another thing which I am really confused about is that when I say a PS3 price cut will increase sales, some say "but it wont have the affect the 360 price cut had" why do people say that? One reason I can think of is that the 360 is cheaper but what I dont think people can get through there heads is that people actually want a PS3 but at a ceratin price, not just get the cheapest console around.

As I said, confusing stuff.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
leo-j said:
Im skepticle because the $299 price point can either hurt or bring ps3 sales up significantly.

Well if Sony goes bankrupt due to a huge price cut that could hurt PS3 sales :P

Other than that, I don't know.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Oyvoyvoyv said:
leo-j said:

By not pushing hardware.

mM
TWRoO said:
@RPG.

Sony have shown they will happily stretch out the life of a successful brand, they have not yet shown they can do the same with a struggling console.

PSP is not struggling? It has made profit but software sales arw awful yet Sony have not come out with a PSP2 yet with hardened security etc. Also I would have thought they would want to make profit on the PS3 and not abandom ship, expecially with production costs coming down all the time this making proft becoming more likely.

NJ5 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
leo-j said:

Well if Sony goes bankrupt due to a huge price cut that could hurt PS3 sales :P

Other than that, I don't know.

Yeah, but that wouldn't have severe enough short-time consequences to really hurt the Ps3s HW/SW sales. (Which is what this discussion is about).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

leo-j said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
leo-j said:

By not pushing hardware.

Come on, you honestly think a £100 price cut would not increase sales?