By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What do you think will be the PS3's LTD sales?

leo-j said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PDF said:
50-70m

I think a price cut in Europe will have huge affect on sales in that region. I also believe at some point in time Japan will come around and contribute more to the PS3 sales than they have. I think PS3 will do fine in America but has lost to the 360 in that region.

I would also put the 360 at 50-70m

With Monster Hunter and Dragon quest heading to Wii, PS3 is a lame duck in Japan

I guess Gran turismo and Final Fantasy wont do anything.

He is very right wing Nintendo, no hope for that one. PS3 will do fine in Japan overall, hell just this year RE5, SF4, Yakuza 3 and FFXIII will do more then nicely for the PS3.

Around the Network

The ps3 needs a price cut in japan, its very expensive in that territory, and blu-ray is a dominant force there, ps3 being one, and the price dropped would really increase sales.

mM
leo-j said:
Gabriel84 said:
can't c this to do better than psp

around 35m

Thats a really low number...

Well, at least he didn't give a range of 14m, then stipulate "IF things stay the way they are".  So we should give him props for that.

Oh yes blu-ray, cant see that hurting the PS3 in the future especially with people embracing it much more now. PS3 price cut will most probably be the first one we get from all 3 territories, the games coming this year are huge.

This is a certainty.........price cut before FFXIII ;)

RPG said:
leo-j said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PDF said:
50-70m

I think a price cut in Europe will have huge affect on sales in that region. I also believe at some point in time Japan will come around and contribute more to the PS3 sales than they have. I think PS3 will do fine in America but has lost to the 360 in that region.

With Monster Hunter and Dragon quest heading to Wii, PS3 is a lame duck in Japan

He is very right wing Nintendo, no hope for that one. PS3 will do fine in Japan overall, hell just this year RE5, SF4, Yakuza 3 and FFXIII will do more then nicely for the PS3.

Do you really think calling the ps3 a lame duck in Japan is a bold statement?  Really?

I think his point is, there are lots of favorites coming out for the Wii, which will lessen the need for FF.

Around the Network

Sony should just cut price world wide by $50 for march, and come holiday season $50

a $349.99 ps3 wouldnt affect sales much imo.

mM

My Prediction for when I believe the current consoles will be retired:

Wii 80,000,000 -100,000,000
PS3 50,000,000-102,000,000
360 37,500,000 - 50,000,000 (It will be replaced by the next one before Gears 3 comes out imho)

Heavens to Murgatoids.

I predict around 50-55 million when the PS3 has stopped selling. Has a small chance at 60 million if things turn around, but higher than 60 is near impossible.

To put it in perspective:

360: 60-65 million
Wii: 140-160 million

RPG said:
leo-j said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PDF said:
50-70m

I'm being realistic, PS3 will never get close to Wii in Japan

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Chrizum said:
I predict around 50-55 million when the PS3 has stopped selling. Has a small chance at 60 million if things turn around, but higher than 60 is near impossible.

To put it in perspective:

360: 60-65 million
Wii: 140-160 million

PS3 and 360 selling even close to 60 million will probably mean Wii has breached 200 million easy, that's the only way the market will be big enough

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)