By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MrStickball's Guide to Xbox 360 RPGs this Year

mitsuhide said:
Nice list my favourite genre is RPG and LostOddysey looks amazing but can anyone tell me why i still dont feel the urge to get a X360 and i am being very serious why cant i seem to want a X360 even with these great RPG's i am not trying to flame so no arguments to a very well kept thread well done mr.stickball on the list.

Hmm i dont know what could push you if a list of exclusive kick ass games cant push you to buy a system what can? i guess live kick ass, and i could mention other things but if your into rpgs i would grab the 360 eventually.

I dunno just look at the games and you have to want to play them bad enough to buy it

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Fable made me buy an Xbox so maybe Fable2 will make me buy an X360.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

mitsuhide said:
Fable made me buy an Xbox so maybe Fable2 will make me buy an X360.

Yea, games like halo3, gears of war, lost odyssey, bioshock, etc made me buy a 360, and eventually ff, and white knight story (KH 3 too) will make me buy a ps3 as long as they stay exclusive. Titles like these do push systems.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

And an advantage of buying one next year will be it will have the 65nm chip and RRoD will hopefully be a thing of the past.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

fazz said:
That's why I want a Xbox 360, because of its uber-strong RPG lineup.

BTW, excellent job on this feature, it was your own writing or it was copy/paste? I hope it's the former :P

A few years ago those comments would've gotten you committed to the insane asylum. It's funny how peop;e not in the know think MS hasn't been trying to diversify the 360. 

On Topic:

I am warming up to LO a bit but I still need to know more. Also I thought I heard Culdcept Saga would be a XBLA release. 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

yeah that's what I heard too... so so is it or not ??

Goddbless said:
fazz said:
That's why I want a Xbox 360, because of its uber-strong RPG lineup.

BTW, excellent job on this feature, it was your own writing or it was copy/paste? I hope it's the former :P

A few years ago those comments would've gotten you committed to the insane asylum. It's funny how peop;e not in the know think MS hasn't been trying to diversify the 360. 

On Topic:

I am warming up to LO a bit but I still need to know more. Also I thought I heard Culdcept Saga would be a XBLA release. 

Yea its supposed to be very good, with a 100+ crew just from feel plus on it since 2004 or 05, and supposedly 20+ are former square employs (not including mistwalker studio). But i  agree i want to more know before i start shouting new FF and everything, but we all know one thing though, its gorgous gameplay, just stunning, and the story sounds like it will be really good. IT all comes down to the depth of gameplay it has (hopefully has limits, special moves, etc)

Right. I'm still not entirely sold on Lost Odyssey yet. However, up until the Blue Dragon demo, I wasn't really planning on buying Blue Dragon as a day-1 release.

However, some of the things I've seen in action for Lost Odyssey have me as giddy as a school girl - it's rumored to have a 15+ rating (15 or older), meaning the game will have some decently mature themes. This might be a real good thing. We'll know, however, in about 3 months if LO is going to turn out how it's projected.

Culdicept Saga could be XBLA, or not. I am unsure - but I would think that the size of the game will be well over 150mb, so.....Who knows.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

If anyone hasn't checked Operation Darknesses' website lately:

They have movies including gameplay, and I must say: HOLY CRAP! The game looks nice! It's definately a must-buy if you like isometric RPGs. The gameplay is just fantastic!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.