By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MrStickball's Guide to Xbox 360 RPGs this Year

Great list of games and it shows why the 360 should be the best selling console by far. The best RPG's, the best FPS gams and the best Sports games followed by the best online makes the 360 the best console on the market for the time being, follwed by alan wake, GTA4 and banjo next year this system deserves way more respect then what it gets. Plus two great racing games, this system rocks.

Around the Network

The only thing that's copied are the story sections from IGN, or developer websites.

Outside of that and the screenies (from devs and IGN.com), the actual text on gameplay, critical reception, and such are all written by myself.

About sales of these RPGs:

Sales is going to be all over the place, and is a virtual unknown. We just don't know how well Americans and Europeans are going to attach to JRPGs like ES, LO and BD. On one end, they could do horrid and wind up with 150-200k sales, but I dobut this due to the larger JRPG base and pedigree. 300k for BD and 200k for ES should be a shoe-in. Lost Oddyssey, however, should have a much easier time as it seems to be garnering far more attention, as it's being compared to more West-Friendly Final Fantasy.

As for the WRPGs: I think they'll do very very well no matter what. I went to EB/GS yesterday to buy Blitz: The League (for $15, mind you), and witnessed a few people preordering Two Worlds....Which was a shock. Mass Effect has a good shot of taking the all time RPG crown on a Microsoft system and manage 3m+ units. The WRPGs are in a vastly stronger position, but the JRPGs could all garner 1m+ sales, who knows.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

woot ty for lost odyssey continue with the great work mrstick

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Excellent post mrstickball!  I had no idea so many rpg's were going to be available on the Xbox 360 in so short a  period of time. This is going to be a very expensive few months if all these games ship on time (plus quite a few shooters will need purchasing).  Good times for gamers.

Bah after the reviews for blue dragon i have to see more for lost odyssey, im sure it will be better (not made by artoon, the people who made vampire rain)
Also mistalkwer said that lost odyssey was there main project, and microsoft made a company just to help them make this game so im very excited.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Around the Network

Again, to be fair and defend Blue Dragon -

I think the core problem that the reviewers are having is the fact that Blue Dragon isn't really trying to break the mold of the uber-RPGs such as Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. It's basically a hybrid of both (DQ style, FF job system/exp system).

Therefore, if your desiring a JRPG blockbuster that breaks the mold and has totally new fresh gameplay not seen in other JRPGs - you must look elsewhere. However, from what I've seen of the demo, if you are a fan of DQ, FF, and the likes, your going to enjoy the game alot. I so got flashbacks to my first playthrough of Final Fantasy 6 and 7 when I played BD. So for me, it's a must-buy.

I'll have a critical anaylsis of Blue Dragon done in about 2 weeks.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

*gulps*WTF!!!!!(the F mean freaking) all these RPG's I'm going to be a broke somebody when it comes to all these games. I'm really looking forward to Blue Dragon thats the only RPG at the top of my list that is a must have in the coming weeks!!!!! Good thread mrstickball!

Nice writeup. I wasnt even aware of some of these games. Seems like I will be more broke than I thought now....

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

ty mr stick, i dont know if ill buy blue dragon (only because i chose to buy bioshock over it =() but eventually ill get it and i know its going to be good, i just hope lost odyssey gets a better review so they continue with these epic rpgs

Nice list my favourite genre is RPG and LostOddysey looks amazing but can anyone tell me why i still dont feel the urge to get a X360 and i am being very serious why cant i seem to want a X360 even with these great RPG's i am not trying to flame so no arguments to a very well kept thread well done mr.stickball on the list.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)