By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MrStickball's Guide to Xbox 360 RPGs this Year

Best RPG lineup for the year is on the 360 out of the consoles.

Blue Dragon > Eternal Sonata > Two Worlds > Kingdom Under Fire > Operation Darkness

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I updated the KUF screenies. Over at IGN, they have posted a bit more info about KUF:COD, and they've already announced that there's another KUF in the works.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Damn that was a lot. I should remeber this thread when I am about to post "360 is just fps".

Good post and their is some games there that I actualy want

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Honestly, I am absolutely loving Eternal Sonata. I played the demo the other day, and I was very impressed. I found that it was way more engaging (not to mention fun) than Blue Dragon. I was drawn into the world more than Blue Dragon as well. I'm betting it's going to be a hell of a game.

Just kiss the tip.

Fantastic post mrstickballs, cant wait for lost odyssey preview on here since its my most anticipated of them all =)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

These games look great!! Wish I had a 360

didnt even know they existed until you said it.................point beeing am not even sure if anyof them will hit the million mark i mean fabel in my opnion the best RPg i have played on xbox did only just under 2 million and even though that is a great sellection i agree and very apealing but i dont think ill ever drope 60buck on any just maybe eternal sonata but thass it and i think masseffect is 3rd person shooter and partially role play so i consider that as a shooter titile not a tru RPG game.......but i would say yes ur right 360 does have more to offer....................but i dont think rpg is going to do THAT well this year in any console folklore on ps3 looks great but i put that one in the same level as these so .........nothing big this holiday for RPG but thas just how i see it many might already have plans to pick some of those lol anywayzz laters

mrstickball said:
Yes, Legend11 posted a small bit about O:D a few weeks ago, and didn't look much at it until Dr. Fibble (a J-X360 gamer over at the official X360 forums) told me.

I sure hope O:D comes to the US, as it looks like an isometric version of UFO: Aftermath, one of the best unconventional hybrid S/A RPGs made.

I'm going to put ME there, it's just going to take a little bit of time, as I'm strapped for time.

I'm going to add:

Mass Effect
Lost Odyssey
Culdicept Saga
Infinite Undiscovery
Sacred 2
and maybe Fallout 3.

If Sacred 2 actually does make it to the 360 I think I will have to buy one, let me get by without messing around upgrading a PC.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

That's why I want a Xbox 360, because of its uber-strong RPG lineup.

BTW, excellent job on this feature, it was your own writing or it was copy/paste? I hope it's the former :P

dacobra786 said:
didnt even know they existed until you said it.................point beeing am not even sure if anyof them will hit the million mark i mean fabel in my opnion the best RPg i have played on xbox did only just under 2 million and even though that is a great sellection i agree and very apealing but i dont think ill ever drope 60buck on any just maybe eternal sonata but thass it and i think masseffect is 3rd person shooter and partially role play so i consider that as a shooter titile not a tru RPG game.......but i would say yes ur right 360 does have more to offer....................but i dont think rpg is going to do THAT well this year in any console folklore on ps3 looks great but i put that one in the same level as these so .........nothing big this holiday for RPG but thas just how i see it many might already have plans to pick some of those lol anywayzz laters

agg add lost odyssey so we can show we have a another great title

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.