By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Next-Gen Attach Rates...

Have just had a quick look on the site and couldn't find any info anywhere. Does anyone have any idea of the current attach rates for the 3 next-gen platforms..? I'm pretty sure that the order (from largest to smallest) would be 360, Wii, PS3 but would be interested to have it confirmed if possible. Ta!

Around the Network

For 360, you can read this document, which come from the announce of 360 price cut by microsoft:

With a record-setting attach rate of 6.1 games per console sold (NPD, June 2007), a new price and the greatest holiday games lineup ever, Xbox 360 has proved itself as the home of the best games and entertainment at the best value.

...so look for NPD attach rates. Gaming news sites ought to have the data.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Are you reffering to global, or US, or Japan?

In US/NA, attach ratios are:

X360: 6.16
Wii: 4.29 (including Wii Sports + Wii Play)
PS3: 3.54

Japan its:

X360: 3.57
Wii: 2.54
PS3: 1.67

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The Japan attach rate kind of shocks me. I would figure that the Wii would slaughter the 360, but the 360 is leading there as well. (even though the number of systems sold is low in japan.)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

still not many GOOD wii games.

personaly umm i have 7 wii games excluding sports., and don't have wiiplay

jjseth said:
The Japan attach rate kind of shocks me. I would figure that the Wii would slaughter the 360, but the 360 is leading there as well. (even though the number of systems sold is low in japan.)

Less consoles sold means less software to sell to maintain a given attach ratio.  So in essence the number of consoles sold in the country doesn't matter. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

The X360 has a decent bit of very very good games that have sold to over 10% of the userbase in Japan (DOA4, RR6, N3, BD, DR, DOAX2, GOW, IdolM@ster, TB, Oblivion). This is in stark contrast to the Wii which has Wii Sports, Wii Play, WW:SM, Zelda:TP, DQS and MP8. That's 10 to 6. That is why the ratios are so different.

With DQS and MP8 out, the tier ratio has increased quite a bit. It was 2.1 to 2.2 just before DQS, so the ratios have improved a strong amount. But still, 2.5 on the leading next-gen console isn't ultra-great. Not if the Wii was to land total domination against the other next-gen competitors.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

You can be damn sure anyone with an Xbox 360 in Japan is a very "hard core" gamer, and a fan of one or more games on the system. I'm almost surprised the attach rate isn't higher than that.

So attach ratio is what i think them? Games to System sold? Jeez 6 to 1 is considered high?