By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Next-Gen Attach Rates...

Sqrl said:
jjseth said:
The Japan attach rate kind of shocks me. I would figure that the Wii would slaughter the 360, but the 360 is leading there as well. (even though the number of systems sold is low in japan.)

Less consoles sold means less software to sell to maintain a given attach ratio.  So in essence the number of consoles sold in the country doesn't matter. 

If anything i'd expect it would help. I mean if you live in Japan you arn't going to get an 360 unless you REALLY like a lot of the games they have out.

Around the Network

There's a large number of people who buy a system for one game or one series, and a far smaller (but you see more of them because it's usually hardcore ones that come to this forum) group who have 10 per console, so it averages out. Yes 6 to 1 is high.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

a lot of people only buy 1 or 2 games, i bet here in Eu 60% of Ps2 owners just have a Fifa game or 2, or GTA, or the younger ones will just have buzz/singstar.

i went into a GAME store a week ago to get some Wii points [another guy was looking for a nunchuck and apparently there is a UK shortage of them] and a mum was buying her young daughter a second singstar game.

I guess it helps that the systems are generally new too. Heh wonder what the old NES attach ratio is, i've got like 60+ games for that.

I have substantially more then 10 games per console anyway, well other then the wii. But i should be past that by X-mas.

jjseth said:
The Japan attach rate kind of shocks me. I would figure that the Wii would slaughter the 360, but the 360 is leading there as well. (even though the number of systems sold is low in japan.)

The 360 also has an extra year to increase attach rates on top of the fact that lower selling consoles tend to have higher attach rates.

An extra year means a larger and more varied library it also means that the console experiences an extra holiday sales boost for software. By the end of the year expect the 360 to be at the mid 7s for attach rates(thanks to stagnant HW sales) expect the PS3 to be significantly higher in attach rate for the same reason and expect the Wii to be haning around 5 including wii sports

Around the Network

So do attach rates matter to developers...Cause the 360 is doing good in Japan considering existing users are buying games...so there is some good out of the 360 right??

6 to 1 isn't considered high unless its so soon into the console's life. In the case of the X360, it's 6+ attach ratio is the highest in history compared to the ammount of time it's been on market.

Eventually, most systems wind up with a 10:1 ratio for consoles. The Xbox, PS2, and GC all reached 10:1.

For the X360 in Japan, I agree that I'm suprised it's not higher. However, alot of people bought X360s for one or two games, then sold them. This really hurts the ratio for it.

redspear - actually, the X360 has led the Wii and PS3 at any and every point for attach ratios in the US by a huge margin. The Wii and PS3 are around 3.5 for sold software units in the US - in August last year, the X360 was around 5.0.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@mrstickball: Where did you find such detailed information? (regarding 6+ being the highest in history)

I have 5 PS3 games right now (not including PSN downloads) and 2 coming in the next month.

Also I will be getting the 20th anniversary collection of MGS for PS2, i have not feeling like counting, 15+ PS2 games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I new something was up when I seen that Wii attach rate. You included Wii-sports, which shouldn't be counted when comparing it to other consoles. I'm going to assume that this thread was made to compare the consoles attach rates. If so, I really don't think it's fair to include Wii-sports.