By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quasi-Poll: Which of the 5 X360 RPGs are you buying?

not to be a dick or a troll, i just don't like american rpgs such as morrowin, oblivion or two worlds, i find them boring. i think i'm the only one among my friends who think oblivion is way overrated.

Around the Network

Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey(if the story is as cool as I think it will be).

I'll be getting Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata & Blue Dragon. I'm not interested in Lost Odessy yet, I haven't seen enough of the game.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

If I had a 360, I would really go for.

1. Lost Odyssey
2. Mass Effect
3. Eternal Sonata
4. Blue Dragon

Lost Odyssey simply looks incredible, as does Mass Effect. I like the pedigree of Lost Odyssey better and usually prefer JRPG's to WRPG's. That being said, I still like Mass Effect more than the other two, simply because it looks so good and I know Bioware is a great company. Eternal Sonata looks better than Blue Dragon to me because I don't like the art style of Blue Dragon (last game I enjoyed with that art director who does the DBZ look was Chrono Trigger). I like the general feel of Eternal Sonata more as well. Chibiish characters really bother me.

I don't know much about Two Worlds or Kingdom Under Fire, so I won't say anything about them. The other 4 probably will make me buy a 360 eventually. I still hold out hope that Eternal Sonata will come to the PS3.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Ari_Gold said:
not to be a dick or a troll, i just don't like american rpgs such as morrowin, oblivion or two worlds, i find them boring. i think i'm the only one among my friends who think oblivion is way overrated.

Blasphemy. I grew up with JRPG's and have played AT LEAST 50 of them. Doesn't mean that Western RPG's can't be amazing as well. Morrowind and Oblivion are more unique than many JRPG's I have played, as are games like KOTR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect.

Edit - I completely forgot about the original Diablo as well.  That is hands down one of the best games I have ever played and it might even be my favorite video game of all time.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Only Mass Effect. I'm not a fan of JRPGs (although the Eternal Sonata demo was surprisingly good). If I do end up buying something else, it will most likely be Two Worlds or Lost Odyssey, based on the reviews and what people say after they are released.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Lies! The 360 has no RPGs!

But anyway... Also no 360 here. I'm hoping to have one about a year from now as money is a bit tight to consider it now. My first priority is my music infactuation and I have a lot of upcoming concerts to attend in the fall. Getting into a car accident didn't help matters.

I'd get Eternal Sonata & Mass Effect.
Maybe Two Worlds depending on how it ended up getting reviewed.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Mass Effect and Eternal Sonata are on my buy list

I don't know much about LO yet

2 worlds looks good too but I already own Oblivion and have tons left to do in it, and from what I've seen it looks a lot like Oblivion, so maybe buy it when it gets to $20 next year

Blue Dragon, I was really looking forward to until the demo, this game just lost all appeal to me, but it might be because I think ME and ES are going to be sooo much better, maybe I'll pick up BD next year too when it drops to $20.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Two worlds and maybe blue dragon for me.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey for sure. Possibly Mass Effect.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.