By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quasi-Poll: Which of the 5 X360 RPGs are you buying?

Errr....Make that 6.  

With Two Worlds and Blue Dragon only 2 weeks away, we're beginning the biggest RPG season the Xbox line has ever had. And quite possibly one of the best ever seen by a console in such a short timespan.

Last year, the X360 had 4 RPGs (Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Phantasy Star Universe). 1 X360 exclusive in Enchanted Arms (atleast at that time), 1 PC/X360 only, and 2 multi-ports.

This year, the X360 has 6 RPGs (Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Two Worlds, Mass Effect, and Lost Odyssey and Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom). None have been announced as multi-ports to consoles. Only Two Worlds and possibly KUF are confirmed to be a PC title. That leaves 4 true exclusives for now, and are just huge.

Anyways; which of the big 6 are you buying this year?

I'm picking up all 6. I've got Two Worlds and Blue Dragon on pre-order. I'm going to be pre-ordering Eternal Sonata soon as well due to the great bundle deal. I'll probably be preordering and buying Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect and Kingdom Under Fire whenever they come out.

Those not included on the list are:

Talisman (XBLA RPG)

Culdicept Saga (pushed back to next year)

RPG Multiports (I don't know of any multi-port RPGs like a Marvel: Ultimate Alliance-type RPG).

As of Reply #47 (ckmlb) we're buying:

Mass Effect: 20 (Mrstickball, Legend11, Twestern, Starcraft, getanil, Ari_Gold, Zaphodile, Goddbless, Shina, King of the Castle, Hawk, Tonyb, Rocketpig, El Duderino, BalloonFighter64, Elino334, Darkjor, NeoRatt, Starless, clkmlb)

Eternal Sonata: 14 (Mrstickball, TWestern, Starcraft, Getanil, Ari_Gold, Goddbless, King of the Castle, FinalEvangelion, Hawk, Tonyb, Darkjor, NeoRatt, ookaze, ckmlb)

Blue Dragon: 9 (Mrstickball, Ari_Gold, Goddbless, Quarashi, FinalEvangelion, Rocketpig, BalloonFighter64, NeoRatt, ckmlb)

Lost Odyssey: 8 (Mrstickball, Getanil, Ari_Gold, Zaphodile, FinalEvangelion, Rocketpig, NeoRatt, ckmlb)

Two Worlds: 5 (Mrstickball, Legend11, Quarashi, Hawk, NeoRatt)

Kingdom Under Fire:  1 (Mrstickball)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I'll be buying Mass Effect and Two Worlds for sure.  There's also a possibility I'll get Lost Odyssey as well but I need to see more of the game first.

Good lord, I can't figure out what I'm going to buy. There are too many top notch titles coming out right now and I still haven't finished gears or even bought oblivion. I need more spare time! (and money!)

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance was an RPG? Right...

I'll be picking up Mass Effect for sure and probably pick up Eternal Sonata eventually.

mass effect and at least one of the jrpg's. it was almost certainly going to be lost odyssey but then i saw ckmlb's thread on eternal sonata and was like WOW. and even blue dragon looks cool

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

All these RPG's increases the chance of me finding a used copy... so I'll buy whichever I find used first.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey are a lock. Might buy Blue Dragon later on, as reviews come in.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

I easily consider M:UA an RPG. It focuses on gaining experience points, leveling up, upgrading various skill sets. Each character does D&D style damage to enemies, of which each attack's damage value is shown on-screen.

So I fail to see how M:UA isn't considered a 4 player co-op Action-RPG (a strongly west-centric one).

blue dragon, lost odyssey, eternal sonata for sure

i dont consider mass effect a true rpg, but i'll be buyin it

two worlds is just horrible, its gona bomb.

My EB/GS has tons of TW preorders where I live and has a moderate ammount of hype. I really don't see how it can bomb. I don't think it'll do anywhere near Oblivion, but with it being hyped as "Oblivion + Multiplayer" seems to be garnering it alot of favorable views.