By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why wouldn't 2008 be the Year of the PS3 if....

forevercloud3000 said:

@NightSurge

Your Statements are rediculous! What I have been saying is this whole time is that the rules of the game seem to change for the better of the 360 constantly. That 2008 is indeed, not the SOTY but it would be a tie between the two or it would be the Wii. My headline was phrased in the way it is to point out the obvious flaw of the way SOTY or whatever is determined. At first it would seem the criteria was game selection, then this year it turned into sales, when in actuality it should be a mixture of both.

I have not made any fanboy arguments and have stated nothing without some level of reasoning and statements of intelligence. You on the other hand are calling me a "Fanboy" when your main argument for ignoring anything I say is just that. I believe it is in fact you who are the FANBOYZer blah!

EDIT: And you are truly fooling yourself if you think the 360 is put in the same media situation as the PS3. THe RROD issue was not given the amount of spot light it would of had had it been an issue of a Sony console. Your are blind to think the media is even remotely fair to PS3 half of the time. I am pretty sure most reasonable people have seen this and accept it to be bias by now. It is pretty much fact amongst knowledgable gamers that the media hates the PS3 for unfair reasons. Just surf through N4G.com for a few pages and read the amount of DOOM and GLOOM articles for the PS3 in relation to the 20 to every 1 on 360.

It is you who is being fanboyish and refuse to see the truth. Take off the Goggles.

Alas, I already commented on every one of you "points" and I've pointed out many times how you changed your story throughout the thread.  Your whole entire thread was to say "its not fair.  my console is treated worse."  Only a fanboy would care, and besides that, it isn't true.  The 360 had a MUCH worse media representation through the RRoD, and yet it made it through it somehow.  You are not going to be persuaded because you are a fanboy.  I give up trying to convince you otherwise.  Anyone reading this thread that cares to look back through all these pages will see your constant change in stance and change in "points" along with all the rest of your craziness.  What were you banned for this week, might I ask?

Now goodnight, Happy New Year, and please.... just stop.  If you want to attempt to continue this further, take to PM.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

....in 07 The PS3 started outselling the 360 right before Christmas time then(Just like the 360 is now). PS3 didn't have the same game collection though, the 360's overpowered it with stuff like Mass Effect,Halo 3, etc. 2007was still hailed as The Year of the 360, even though it was being out sold by the PS3.

Why is it now that the tables have turned, this year doesn't belong to it, matter of fact everyone is trying to say the PS3 is going to fail now! How backwards is that? Complete media bias for the American company is most apparent here!

This year is still the YEAR of the PS3!

And Next year will be too!

Discuss!

2007 was the year of the Wii and so was 2008. Xbox 360 beat PS3 again for the year of 2008 in the HD war. Plain and simple.

It was the first three quarters of the PS3, but then the economy had to go collapse.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

This kinda reminds me of Buffalo and Syracuse argueing which city is the best city in NY.

New York is the best city in New York of course.

Wow, is this an unimportant debate. Bloody hell.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network
theRepublic said:

Does this look like console of the year to you?

The holidays are the most important time of the year.  The Wii is up 80% year over year for the holidays.  The 360 is up 47%.  The PS3 is down 15%.

If you want to claim that as some sort of victory, go right ahead.  You would have to be delusional though.

What about Resistance 2, Little Big Planet,  Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, MGS4... And PS3 outsold 360  this year EVERYWHERE, ANYTIME but not in USA. And PS3 outsold 360 in USA in June. Only the last two months were bad for PS3. PS3 sales DESTROYED 360 sales in Japan. PS3 sales massacred 360 sales in Europe till November.Only thing good for 460 this year is price cut and Gears Of War 2. THAT IS ALL.

And I never saw so many many many Sony haters in one topic before. You guys are acting like PS3 raped you when you were little. PS3 is just a console, not a Hitler. I newer saw so many haters of one company and console in my life before.

ups, i meant 360 not 460. supid keybord

2007 was the year of the ps3 but people will never admit it.

karimkassis4life5000 said:
2007 was the year of the ps3 but people will never admit it.

WHAT?!  Wow, I'm just leaving this topic... too many people like Snake and this guy with their craziness.

Snake said:
theRepublic said:

Does this look like console of the year to you?

The holidays are the most important time of the year.  The Wii is up 80% year over year for the holidays.  The 360 is up 47%.  The PS3 is down 15%.

If you want to claim that as some sort of victory, go right ahead.  You would have to be delusional though.

What about Resistance 2, Little Big Planet,  Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, MGS4... And PS3 outsold 360  this year EVERYWHERE, ANYTIME but not in USA. And PS3 outsold 360 in USA in June. Only the last two months were bad for PS3. PS3 sales DESTROYED 360 sales in Japan. PS3 sales massacred 360 sales in Europe till November.Only thing good for 460 this year is price cut and Gears Of War 2. THAT IS ALL.

In the end, 360 still outsold PS3 and that's what counts.

In a basketball game, you can have a big lead at the end of third quater but one horrible 4th quater loses the game. It is still a loss no matter how well you did in the first 3 quaters of the game. That's what happened to PS3.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.