By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Oh man...Bioshock Trailer and Demo

I have it pre ordered at my EB Games, the collector's edition with the big daddy figurine.

Anyone played the demo yet? It's up on Xbox Live apparently and I can't play it thanks to the red rings.

I'll probably have to just look at the box and whatever comes with the collector's edition for a while until I get to play this...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

aight thanks
more info. 
DirectXVersion : DirectX 10

CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
MainMemory : 2046MB RAM

VGA : NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
VRAM : 256 MB
DisplayDriver : nvd3dum.dll
DriverVersion : 7.15.0010.9815
Display Mode : 1280 x 720 (32 bit) (59Hz)

VertexShaderVersion : 3.0
PixelShaderVersion : 3.0

its dual core so does that mean im good?
i tried playing CnC3 on it with everything on high and it runs.
kinda gets a slowdown after awhile though, like an hour of gaming.
prolly cause of how massive our army gets
Counterstrike source runs pretty good though.
just need a final confirmation before i pre order myself a copy.
i wonder how big the figurine is....

off topic:
playing in 4:3 format on a widescreen is prolly the most frustrating problem i have right now.. ='(
pm from anyone who got around this issue.. ty ty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

You should be fine...not max settings, but it'll probably run well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

aight, thanks.. but how far from "not max settings do you mean?.
would you say i would be better off with a console version with analog controls,
or a pc version with lower settings?
what i mean to ask is, how dumb down do you think it would look like?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

ckmlb said:
I have it pre ordered at my EB Games, the collector's edition with the big daddy figurine.

Anyone played the demo yet? It's up on Xbox Live apparently and I can't play it thanks to the red rings.

I'll probably have to just look at the box and whatever comes with the collector's edition for a while until I get to play this...

That sir, is the sux.  Hopefully you get it back soon!

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
iclim4 said:

aight, thanks.. but how far from "not max settings do you mean?.
would you say i would be better off with a console version with analog controls,
or a pc version with lower settings?
what i mean to ask is, how dumb down do you think it would look like?

Yeah your setup should be fine, it will be hard to tell you how up or down you will have to change your settings, since each game is vastly different but you can play with the detail options until you get a resolution and framerate that you can tolerate.

As for the 4:3 problem, all games should have a "video settings" area under the "options" menu that will allow you to change the resolution.  I'm guessing you have a 16:10 aspect ratio as that is pretty standard so the resolutions you're looking for are 1280x800, 1440x900, and if you have a game you have no problems running you can run it at 1680x1050, 1920x1200, or if you're insane and your monitor can handle it 2560x1600.  

To Each Man, Responsibility

DL'ing this on my 360 right now, hopefully I can play it after work today.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

so anyone ???

tell us how is the demo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to Work !

it is suppose to be from the Demo ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXQwuJ2S3sg

ENJOY !

(saddly no real "gameplay" in ...)

Time to Work !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsco9MWMGDo

it is older but it is good ...

(sorry triple post :)))

Time to Work !