By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How to kill a PS3 Console - Is it really possible ?

http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975

Now thats some reliability for you, Sony hardware!!

Around the Network

sony and microsoft have switched positions this generation.. last generation the ps2 would have failed that test this generation its the 360 failing all the reliability test.. EX.. the story about the ps3 killing the 360 literally

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I heard gum tape over the venting holes works wonders ; ) .

But nice to see the PS3 is fit for all climate conditions.

Bonafide732 said:
EX.. the story about the ps3 killing the 360 literally

Greatest story ever told!!!

Easiest way to kill a PS3 is to cover the ventilation holes.

Around the Network

I personnaly never doubted its reliability, I had a PS2 for seven years, left it on on once with a paused game in it for three days in a row (forgot to turn it off when leaving for the WE) but never had any problem with it and it's still working fine.

PS1 has overheating problems, but you could just turn it on it's side and be fine. The PS2 had disc read errors after awhile but most of the time could be fixed with the diagnostics feature.

So far the PS3 has no problems and that's very surprising considering the technology included.

Good to know I can put my PS3 in a sauna and it won't stop working. That's awesome.

Man , once my PSone went on for an entire weekend , because a freakin Audio CD was inside it . I went on a trip , and when I got back in my room , it was still going . The problem was that I turned of the TV and didnt noticed .

Now with the PS2 ... max 12 hours , so I cant say :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

This is how you test a console's durability:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVRJtqPRZhQ

Its in spannish (i think) but its stull funny if you cant understand what they are saying Watch the whole thing you wont regret it.

I have never had any problem with ANY Sony product my PS1 still works after about 10years and my PS2 still works after 7years but its good to know i can freeze my PS3 and it will still play.

EDIT:Miscount of years.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)