By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you think 360 will ever have A million seller in Japan?

@ CGI-Quality,
x360 had:
Enchanted Arms
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
and incoming Star Ocean 4

+ LOW price.
And it still continue being oustold by PS3?

With all these JRPG games, PS3 would be already over 5 mln. sold in Japan.
Come on, in 3 years x360 haven`t even reached 1 mln. consoles sold??? Just forget about x360 in Japan.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

even the larger user base ps3, with the juggernaut of mgs4 (and also being discounted like 3 weeks after launch) didn't reach 1 million sales. I doubt, HIGHLY doubt, anything will do it for the 360.

I don't think so, X360 has made great improvements this year in Japan, but it is not enough, the installbase of users is about 0.8 millions at the moment.

How can the 360 have million sellers...if even the PS3 has NO million sellers! The PS3 is also a disaster related to software sales in Japan, only MGS4 is now betwwen 0.6-0.7millions....

CrazzyMan said:
@ CGI-Quality,
x360 had:
Enchanted Arms
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
and incoming Star Ocean 4

+ LOW price.
And it still continue being oustold by PS3?

With all these JRPG games, PS3 would be already over 5 mln. sold in Japan.
Come on, in 3 years x360 haven`t even reached 1 mln. consoles sold??? Just forget about x360 in Japan.

I'm pretty sure Xbox 360 has sold more in Japan than all 3 consoles combined in Lithuania, so why not just forget about your unimportant country? (in the grand scale of things), a sale is a sale, Microsoft will never give up Japan. Japan is the reason the 360 is 8 million ahead of the PS3 and not 7 :)

Quick answer is no but I don't really care. If the 360 have the exclusive to the next Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, or Gundam vs Godzilla vs Dynasty Warrior vs Pokemon, then maybe, but no way in hell any other game can do that.

Around the Network

no

of course it "could"......pokemon on xbox360 will definitely hit 1million LOL

I don't think the 360 will have a million seller in Japan. I think the best selling game for the 360 in Japan will sell around 500k.

FFXIII must also be a 360 game!!!!!!!!! The million seller of 360 in Japan!

I dont know, but hopefully there will be a million seller in Japan.