By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you think 360 will ever have A million seller in Japan?

CrazzyMan said:

NO. =)))))))

HD consoles are DEAD in Japan, why you at all care about Japan sales for that system? :)

Fixed =)))))))))

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

It would have to sell a million consoles first before even dreaming of selling one million copies of a game. The Saturn sold 5.74 million in Japan and only had one game accomplish that (Virtua Fighter, in the height of its popularity no less). Not going to happen ever.

It's not possible until 1 million 360's are actually sold there.

And even if there were 1 million, that would mean everyone there would buy a copy of that game.

Or if there aren't 1 million 360's there, that would mean everyone there would buy several copies of that game.

Both options are ridonculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Fixed
Just untill FFXIII release in Japan on PS3. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Nope, if there had been 1 million 360s and ff13 was being released in japan on the 360 it would have a chance, but i doubt it even if those two factors were true

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

No.

jesus kung fu magic said:
CrazzyMan said:

NO. =)))))))

HD consoles are DEAD in Japan, why you at all care about Japan sales for that system? :)

Fixed =)))))))))

i agree =))))

but it wont happen

CGI-Quality said:
@ J-Man

No. As I've said neither are dead in Japan, and ARE YOU KIDDING? The 360's biggest Japan title: (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) has even come out yet, watch the 360's hardwere sales that week - the 360 is hardly dead in Japan. A console that consistently outsold PS3 (A PLAYSTATION for Pete's sake), for weeks in Japan is FAR from dead. And GT5, FFXIII, and FF Versus XIII haven't come out either, thus, PS3 is far from dead in Japan. So no.

Those games will give hardware boosts. When the J man is saying they are dead he is talking about both systems abysmal average sales for the year.

Just look at japans hardware sales this holiday season, that used to be the every week sales.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

CGI-Quality, IF a console will never have a million seller in Japan, then that console is DEAD. =)

PS3 sold around 3 mln., it still don`t have a million seller, yet it will - FFXIII, later GT5 and maybe some more games.)

x360 on the other hand, won`t. =)
So you people should just forget about x360 in Japan.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

sure it can! if it only had wii sports bundled in!

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business