By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Twesterm losses the bet! LBP breaks 1.5 million before 09

1.5 million, that's nice.

Around the Network

1.5 million is a success, does not matter if it was bundled with a PS3 or came as a gift inside a coco pops box. 6 weeks and the numbers are fantastic, add on 25 people made the game and you have a success story.

People keep saying "bundles, bundles, bundles" as though they are a broken record, we get it but was it bundled in the whole of the EU, NA?

MANUELF said:
leo-j said:
@RPG

over hyped?

wtf..its a real good game

For what I have heard is a really good stage maker and a not so good platformer

I've heard that juggling knives and alsatians is 100% safe.

Play > Hearsay

twesterm said:
Man, I would be upset this thread got so far off topic but if it means me eating less crow...

I know!

Folks, we get to force-feed Twesterm some crow!!! Why are you not taking advantage of this (albeit fairly regular) opportunity?! You can b**** and whine about LBP and its sales in one of the 17,289 other threads devoted to it, but not now!

Allow me to start. "Hey Nostradumbus, after you made your little bet, did you sail away on your failboat?"

I'm not very good at this crow stuff.

If I can play devil's advocate for a moment (despite being a huge LBP fan):

This was Twesterm's first ever bet (if I recall correctly) and he only lost out by 29,001 units which in the grand scheme of things is small.

It was an exciting bet to follow; had me checking LBP's sales every 5 minutes! And so fair play to Twest and Darth for picking such knife-edge bet conditions.

Around the Network

Good news. For those games that is.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

@Wholikeswood
Well I think There's another week of sales that count in 2008, so he'll probably end up being off by more than 29,000. but you are right that it was close, I honestly didn't see LBP picking up this much and thought Twes would win. (I know, I'm a shitty Sony fan)

The only numbers that i know are 350k in its first 2 NPD months ,around 60k in Japan and a bit over 100k in the U.K........................... oh wait it's a sony published ps3 game ....yep over 1.5 million , hell why be conservative i say that it has outsold fable 2 and gears2 combined.

fulcizombie said:
The only numbers that i know are 350k in its first 2 NPD months ,around 60k in Japan and a bit over 100k in the U.K........................... oh wait it's a sony published ps3 game ....yep over 1.5 million , hell why be conservative i say that it has outsold fable 2 and gears2 combined.

Hmm, if only there were a website that tracked sales worldwide each week...

DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:
Sorry twesterm the bundles made you lose

Don't hate.

Give up this crusade.  You were incorrect.  LBP is a major success, whether or not you'd wanna believe it.

He is just stating a fact ... how is that "hate"?