By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why would Killzone 2 outsell Resistance 2 (or Resistance 1)?

1) Internet Hype is what??? Less than 15 percent of all gamers????
2) I notice when PS3 fans just talk about the games coming to the system, others have to bring in negative comments. When a PS3 fans try's to talk back and defend their system of choice and the future games that they want they are for some reason said to be "Hyping the game up"....

3) I expect KZ2 to beat Resistance 2 just because it won't have much competition and I expect better reviews than what I saw for Resistance.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

resistance was released the same time as COD and that hurt its sales, KZ2 is all by itself in february.

deathgod33 said:
resistance was released the same time as COD and that hurt its sales, KZ2 is all by itself in february.

And Febuary is the quietest time of the year to release a game. At least prior to xmas the sales should be huge. Febuary not so much.

Imthelegend said:
deathgod33 said:

And Febuary is the quietest time of the year to release a game. At least prior to xmas the sales should be huge. Febuary not so much.

It won't be that quiet, Capcom is releasing Street Fighter IV, Microsoft is releasing Halo Wars and Ninja Blade, Sony is releasing Killzone 2 in the West and Demon's Souls in Japan, Square Enix is releasing Star Ocean 4, not to mention the release of The Sims 3, Bionic Commando, and a lot of other games...

The reason why Killzone 2 will outsell Resistance 2 is simple.....purely simple, because i'm actually purchasing killzone 2! (I'm not serious)

Around the Network

First and for most Killzone 2 visually destroys R2 and secondly it has been hyped for well over 3 years now. Secondly R2 was a turd on a blu-ray disc whereas if the Beta and people who have the review copy are anything to go by then gameplay wise Killzone tears apart both Resistance games.

That is about it, hype alone has made this a million seller. Word of mouth and BANG, 5 million. I am always right when it comes to predictions................Killzone 2 will sell 5 million.

Ill tell you what will make both Killzone 2 and PS3 major movers in feb.....a price drop to 299 or 249. I can easily see Killzone selling 1M launch day if Sony did that

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

colonelstubbs said:
Christhor said:
Killzone 2 is NOT getting hyped as a PS3 savior.

I beg to differ. Its getting hyped up to the max, and if sales arent stellar, theres going to be some serious crow eaten around here

I am under impression that web videogame fan sites, like this one, are akin to the following Snakes on a Plane had, in contrast to the world at large.  It makes you think the influence is larger than it is.  How many people, outside of videogame web fanatics, even know what Killzone 2 is?  Contrast to Halo and even Gears of War for that matter.

Because Killzone 2 will be a MUCH better game.

And I can say that as a two month long player of the Killzone 2 beta and an owner of Resistance 2.

Plus, Sony will market it very well.  It'll probably be marketed even more than LittleBigPlanet (which is selling much more than Resistance 2), but being a shooter, it'll be more likely to grab people's attention through a commercial, unlike LBP, which had most people going "Wtf?"

Kzoellner said:
Let me put it this way.

Resistance 1 & 2 were kind of like the sony flashing his muslces at people. You are kind like thats bad ass but at the sametime ehhhh...

Killzone 2 is kind of like lets have this ball of muclse lose and see what destruction he can cause. like letting a mutant tiger out of its cage. Chicago would be a play ground of destruction.

This person has clearly been driven insane by the anticipation.  That is proof that Killzone 2 will be bigger. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!