By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gaming PC question...are these specs enough?

Squil brings up another valid question. Ima game on my 67 inch 1080p samsung TV. Will use DVI to HDMI adapter and do the HDMI thing.

Do you guys see any issues with this related to which card to get?

Will be using my 360 controller :)

Around the Network

My HD4850 came with a DVI to HDMI too, so no problem I guess. If you want the best out of it, ie: playing 1920x1080, you may need a 4850 or above.

disolitude said:
Squil brings up another valid question. Ima game on my 67 inch 1080p samsung TV. Will use DVI to HDMI adapter and do the HDMI thing.

If you're running sound through HDMI. Get an AMD card!

I don't think Nvidia lets you do sound over HDMI via a converter. AFAIK.

Other issues - Noise?, Anti-Aliasing (Jaggies).

1920/1080 justifies going up to a 4870 (If you like good visuals)

Tease.

For a graphics card, I would get the cheapest well-reviewed card that suits your needs.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Squilliam said:
disolitude said:

If you're running sound through HDMI. Get an AMD card!

I don't think Nvidia lets you do sound over HDMI via a converter. AFAIK.

Other issues - Noise?, Anti-Aliasing (Jaggies).

1920/1080 justifies going up to a 4870 (If you like good visuals)

Yes.

And this gen of ATI cards dont have problems with high noise.

And one more thing - the memory of the GPU. Usually size of the RAM is a non-factor for most settings but with that huge screen u got disolitude, you're probably aiming for 1920/1080 res why you should pick a 1 GB version of either the 4850 or 4870. It really starts to become worth it in modern games, especially if the price difference 512MB--->1GB often is just $20.

Around the Network

HD 4830? Better than 9800GT and can be found for $90.

Of course, get the 4850 or 4870 is you can afford it. Nvidia isn't the best value at ANY price right now.

Wow, lots of ATI fans on these formus. ATI is what I'm leaning towards as well... I jsut hope they come with the VGA plug as well as DVI. All I saw is 2 DVI plugs on ATI cards.

Im going to go shopping today in the madness that is boxing day. So I'll post here again to mention what I got.

My HD4850 came with a DVI>VGA port, don't worry.

fazz said:

lol...I don't get DVI ports. Ive seen both Nvidia and ATI put 2 of them on the card yet we need adapters to get what we really want...VGA and HDMI. :)

disolitude said:
fazz said:

lol...I don't get DVI ports. Ive seen both Nvidia and ATI put 2 of them on the card yet we need adapters to get what we really want...VGA and HDMI. :)

Well, I'd surely use them if I had a new LCD instead of my 6 years old CRT :P