By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where are the 1st party Wii casual games?

With all the talks of Nintendo catering to the casual (new audience), where are they?

There's Wii Sports, Wii Play, Warioware and BBA.  There's Mario Party, but it's a kid's title.  

With all the clamoring about Nintendo abandoning the hardcore, Nintendo really only has 4 games meant for the new audience, 2 of which shouldn't even count.

What's coming out this year?  Let's just count Wii Music, and I can't even think of anything else.  Ironically, it's the 3rd parties that's more devoted to making the new audience games, like Boogie, the Sims series, Jenga, Rayman, Cooking Mama, etc. 

No wonder Project Hammer, a marginal title at best, is getting delayed if not cancelled outright.  They don't have nearly enough casual titles.  

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Wow, the ignorance is like stepping in Texas and then getting kicked so hard in the ass that I fly to Ohio.

wii fit is for everyone. I really dont see nintendo making any hardcore realitic games, but making fun adveture games just how I like em, lets hope mario galazy is the best mario yet(mario sunshine was very fun)

mM
MontanaHatchet said:
Wow, the ignorance is like stepping in Texas and then getting kicked so hard in the ass that I fly to Ohio.

explain my ignorance then. 

the Wii is an epidemic.

Soriku said:
^ So Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, etc. isn't hardcore? OK then.

um, i'm talking about the OPPOSITE of hardcore titles.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Wii Fit.

That's it.

not until 2008.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Meh, too much work. There's Warioware, Pokemon, Mario Kart, and a bajillion other things.

Frankly, I hate this whole "casual gamer" thing. People throw the word around too much. It's like when Star Wars kid came out and everyone thought it would be funny to say Nerf Herder a lot.

MontanaHatchet said:
Meh, too much work. There's Warioware, Pokemon, Mario Kart, and a bajillion other things.

Frankly, I hate this whole "casual gamer" thing. People throw the word around too much. It's like when Star Wars kid came out and everyone thought it would be funny to say Nerf Herder a lot.

1) i intentionally started using the term "new audience" games since it's more specific.

2) i listed warioware.

3) pokemon is 100% not a new audience game.  it's a kid's game.  mario kart has been around for a million years, certainly not a new audience game.  

people, actually READ the post before replying.

the Wii is an epidemic.

It's ridiculous.
We have tons of people that claim Nintendo is abandoning the hardcore gamer...and what casual games have they done to validate that claim?

Wii Sports and Wii Play.

If Wario Ware is a causal game and is aimed at the casual audience, was Wario Ware considered a casual game when it was on the GBA?

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

I would not list wario ware in the new audience. There were GBA and GC games a lot of time ago (I love their nonsense style). When Nintendo was in 2nd or 3rd place Wario Ware was not a "threat to the hardcore (true) gamer".

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."