By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BEST SALES WEEK EVER FOR A CONSOLE

NOOOOOOOOOO! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Poor PS2. 2000-2008?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

i expect the wii to do vary well next year but i dont think there will ever be a console to out due the ds. at least not for a long while. i mean look at it the handhald just keeps getting more popular as time passes. i love my ds

hello how are you.

megaman79 said:
Does someone want to start a Wii Sports related hospital admissions thread? Theres gonna be alot of sore people tomorrow

I did, but posted it as news. No harm or ill-will for creating the thread.

wiiinjury.com for eg.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

uhoh did anybody notice this:

PS2's 1.7 million record was set in 2002, 2 years after launch. It never matched that number again...

Wii's 1.8 million record (just set) is 2 years after launch...If it follows PS2 it won't match 1.8 million again!! /sarcasm

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:

PS2's 1.7 million record was set in 2002, 2 years after launch. It never matched that number again...

Wii's 1.8 million record (just set) is 2 years after launch...If it follows PS2 it won't match 1.8 million again!! /sarcasm

Fortunately for the Wii, it is following more in the footsteps of the DS than the PS2, which means it could be another 2 years before it peaks (unless the DS hasn't peaked yet, which would be staggering if true)

yep

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

TWRoO said:
coolestguyever said:

Fortunately for the Wii, it is following more in the footsteps of the DS than the PS2, which means it could be another 2 years before it peaks (unless the DS hasn't peaked yet, which would be staggering if true)

Well DS , with the exception of Japan, was up YoY in 2008, so I think 2008 could have been it's peak year. Depending on the success of DSi, DS could still have an even larger 2009 making it peak 5 years after it's launch, which is unheard of if true.

good for wii but sorry nintendo, i hate my wii!