By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has The Wii Peaked?

The Wii party doesn't really start until the 3rd parties show up.

The 3rd parties are that guy who's pretty fun to be around but can't ever show up until halfway through the night. He's been killing time at some smaller, more exclusive parties, but he knows that he has to go to the big Wii party if he's gonna have a chance to pick up some chicks.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I personally think it has but peaked in a way that doesn't mean a steady downfall but something more like PS2. Just stay high forever haha.

However, I'm probably wrong with this and I know I'll probably be wrong but for some odd reason I stand by it. Guess it's because if I'm wrong no big deal but if I'm right it is. I have always thought 2008 would be Wii's peak year but it probably wont' be. Not how fast the market has expanded that it only opens up more room. We'll just see. There is no telling how it'll go down but Wii should have another great year as it'll not have to worry about brand alone to keep it hyped as big games release.

Reality check.

LOL peaked?? Seriously? No way in the world has it peaked.. demand has been on the rise even with the increased production. When it passes PS2 sales, then MAYBE it will slow down. You cant even begin to understand how many new people are playing this thing.

Like many others have posted have you seen any price cuts, new colors, or new packages, new ANYTHING?? hell they are still selling wii sports with it still. Does anyone realise the kind of sales boosts they still have up their sleave??

Naaa just keep your comments to yourself, and keep playing the 360. Since you have no idea what your talking about.

Think about this for a second.... A $200 Gold Wii, with the brand new Legend of Zelda, and a 2gig internal HD.... You think that will less???

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

reask said:
RolStoppable said:
reask said:
colonelstubbs said:
Next christmas it could be even bigger. The wii could be smashing its own records. Just stop it now wii!

I fully disagree with you.

The Wii's peak year should be in excess of 35m, so the little white box is just getting started.

Does that make it good?

It IS good. Your implying it's not doesn't make it so.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network
reask said:

You know no shortages this year what do you reckon?

I think it has aNYWAY.

yes there were and there still are.

it just wasnt as bad as last year.

i went to target at least 6 times this holiday season, the only time they had wii's in stock when i was there was on black friday.

hello how are you.

I dont think a price cut would do anything much for wii.. the wii success over the 360 arcade pretty much proves that you can have a more powerful console for 50 bucks cheaper but that doesnt mean it should sell more. The wii is selling regardless. Even if nintendo topped it up to $300 people would get it. Thats the beauty of wii play/sports. It looks so easy and fun to get into. Wii demo kiosks are always busy at stores.

However, if SONY and m$ further drop prices in 2009 things might get a little tight- (149/249/349)especially since Metroid,Mario,zelda,kart,smash bros have already made appearances.
GT5 and FF are big titles for HD consoles next yr. 2009 is gonna be the real battle and ironically its SONY and M$ fighting against the wii..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Arsenicazure, one of your wishes has already happened. Nintendo put out Eternal Darkness, and also Geist, last gen. I'm sure there have been others, too. Killer Instinct?

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

KI was a T rating... Eternal darkness/geist.. dang i completely forgot about that one shanobi.. thanx! although i wanna see them develop a "M rated" title, rather than just publish one!

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Smeags said:
Well, if Nintendo decides to...

...not drop it in price in anyway,

...not create different color schemes/hardware adjustments,

...stop creating new and exciting games for both core and casual gamers,

...stop 3rd parties from creating new and exciting games for both core and casual gamers,

...supply markets with the exact same stock of Wii's as this year minus one console,

Then yes, the Wii has peaked.

*thread has been owned*

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!