By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has The Wii Peaked?

RolStoppable said:
reask said:
RolStoppable said:

No, its games do.

That's exactly what I think when I look at your gamerscore.

4230 isnt great but I am ok with it.

btw does the wii do gamerscores.

Around the Network

No it's Wiis only second full year, therefore it still has a lot of sales ahead. It's still sold out in many places in America because demand of that product is so high, with increased production it should easily beat it's own records next year and in 2010 in America it's just so popular there.

Also Japan after the release of Wii Exclusives like MH III and in a long time DQ X we should see higher HW sales, with more and more other Japanese titles coming as well.

Wii has a bright future ahead and it definately did not hit the peak 2010 just like rol said seems like a peak year for it.

Peaked, lol, yeah right, Nintendo is just getting warmed up, now we see that they can easily sell over a million a week

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

You could see a peak any time when wii fit is no longer supply constrained. Which is not the case this year.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Wii will peak when it will be priced under $150, IMVHO.
Maybe now it reached a relative peak at the current price, but if next year Nintendo cuts price to $199, next Xmas should be bigger than this one, and if during 2010 they cut price to $149, that Xmas will be even bigger. OTOH, always IMVHO, a cut to under $100 will happen only towards Wii's end of life, so it will sustain sales some more years but it won't produce new records.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

The wii will peak even higher Next year without a price cut. Sheesh nintendo hasnt even had to do special bundles or colours or nething yet. Its a long way from a price cut.

No, I think it will be a long time before the Wii peaks. The Wii only really played one sales-boosting card so far in its peripherals, which has been notoriously difficult to get right. They have yet to try things like different colours, bundles, price drops... hell, they still have yet to see third parties that don't try and actively oppose it by burying it in shovelware while putting their best efforts on other systems. Basically, the rest of the industry has pretty much thrown up a perfect storm against Nintendo, and yet the Wii is selling faster than any other system has ever done in the face of unprecedented opposition.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Yup dude it's peaked, great analysis and insight on your part.

It's in stock because nobody is buying it anymore. 2008 sales are far lower than previous years.

PS3 is going to dominate now.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

People have been asking this question every week since 2006 so what do you think?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

i DO'NT GET IT.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger