By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Call of Duty: World at War out sell Gears2?

Yes.

Around the Network

yes.

call of duty is arguably the biggest shooting franchise

yea it will

Sony and Microsoft should clear the calendar of shooting games for November 09,,,cause COD:modern war fare 2 launches around then and any game going against that will be crushed(any shooter i mean)

I think it will, I think COD is abetter and bigger franchise than Gears but that does not in any way mean that GOW is bad (it is awesome, just not as good as COD).

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Around the Network

COD is a bigger and more recognizable franchise, there are over 7 games(maybe 8) in console/pc, and especially with COD4, it is becoming the biggest shooting franchise. GOW is relatively still a new franchise, but theres no doubt that GOW will one day be as big a deal as halo.

Yes, to both.

Call of Duty: World at War (combined) will be the best selling shooter until CoD: Modern Warfare 2. The 360 version alone will be the second best this gen, only just beaten by Halo 3.
If Halo 4 decides to come out this gen, I think Halo will reclaim supremacy.

But for now, Call of Duty is king of shooters.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Yes.

Maybe MS should pay Blizz-Vision tons of cash to make it a 360 exclusive :P

It's just that simple.

Yeah i think it will outsell both.

Well i'm not suprised after a great success of CoD IV this has become a massive franchise (maybe only Halo is bigger) it will outsell KZ2, Gears etc. etc.