By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Besides MGS4, what other PS3 exclusive will sell more than 1 mill copies?

mr_eye_candy said:
none the ps3 is dead lmaoooooo

I dont think you'll be here much longer

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Anyone think Killzone2 can do 1 million in a week?

I think he is meaning in the first week rather than just selling 1 million copies LTD as there are a lot that have done that and that will do that in the future

Sony really needs to make money on these exclusives and save that money for advertising and a closer step to a price drop.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

As the userbase grows, however slowly, more games could make it in the future with the right hype and a simultaneous WW release. Even cod:mw2 is a possible candidate if launched in US/EU on the same day.

In the end though, it's the number of NEW copies sold at $59.99 that count most, regardless of whether it was the first day or 6th month.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

KZ2
GT5
GoW3
FFXIIIv
Uncharted 2

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CGI-Quality said:
@ Carl

Meh...not 1mill, but 500,000-600,000 in the first week...yes!

Id have said like 800k... is it worldwide release or in dif areas?

mr_eye_candy said:
none the ps3 is dead lmaoooooo

Troll, I hope you get banned.

@Squall, I mean first week sales worldwide and how the game will increase hardware sales weekly.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

@Snake

I thought as much just making others aware as some seem to think it is 1 million LTD sales.