By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When gaming reaches photo-realism...

Well then the devs will have to make a whole NEW genre to work in to perfect that then once thats done they can make loads of anime looking games to perfect their drawing and then............THE TRUE GOLDEN AGE OF GAMING!! With every game looking fantastic whether its anime or releastic and every game(near every game you will always get the crap EA game)will have AMAZING gameplay aswell whether its using motionsensing or traditional controller.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Did you see gran turismo 5

oh, yes we already know "Gran Turismo 5 looks more realistic than a real car" ...wow my VW Golf will look more realistic in GT5...i've always thought that my own car was just not realistic enough.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

mitsuhide said:
Well then the devs will have to make a whole NEW genre to work in to perfect that then once thats done they can make loads of anime looking games to perfect their drawing and then............THE TRUE GOLDEN AGE OF GAMING!! With every game looking fantastic whether its anime or releastic and every game(near every game you will always get the crap EA game)will have AMAZING gameplay aswell whether its using motionsensing or traditional controller.

I wonder why you believe that as games look better it will follow that they will all have "amazing" gameplay given that has never been the case in the past. 

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Soriku said:
Spectrumglr said:
leo-j said:
Did you see gran turismo 5

oh, yes we already know "Gran Turismo 5 looks more realistic than a real car" ...wow my VW Golf will look more realistic in GT5...i've always thought that my own car was just not realistic enough.

I lol'd. Thanks for that. @Mitsuhide I think motion sensing will be the "new age" no more controllers (maybe) like dual shock.

You do know that six axis racing is better than wii mote racing :P

mM
Soriku said:
@lolita

Technology always advances...
If Mario tried to be realistic looking it will be the dumbest thing ever. So no, technology advancing doesn't mean Mario is gonna start looking realistic ever.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
leo-j said:

OMG.  ioi can you put this on the front page as a joke of the day

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.

-Albert Einstein

mrshady said:
leo-j said:

OMG.  ioi can you put this on the front page as a joke of the day

How do you know you havent used the six axis for racing. It is better at least in my opinion.

mM

Nothing is realistic enough antil we have 3d tvs in every house

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.

-Albert Einstein

Please guys, let's not turn every freaking thread into stupid flaming arguments.

I've used both the SixAxis and the Wiimote, and they both work fine for driving games. End argument.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Ben its not flaming its common sense.

-Albert Einstein